Sr. Channel Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the Role:
Matterport is seeking a talented Sr. Channel Account Manager to support the fast-growing demand for our revolutionary products through our reseller channel. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, high-energy person to be on the front line with a high tech startup by helping train and develop the reseller channel.
This position would currently be home based (with necessary in-person meetings with partners and some office meetings) but would change to office-based (with some remote work) and necessary in-person meetings with partners in the near future.
What you will do:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel across new and existing partner accounts
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives across strategic partner accounts
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Train partners on product specific qualification process, “how to sell” and win strategies, and engagement best practices to be used in prospective accounts
- Ensure that all assigned partners in the region are kept fully informed on all relevant Matterport initiatives, activities and product/solution developments through regular updates
- Drive creation of success stories with key partners
- Manages potential channel conflict with other sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners
- Proactively recruits new qualifying partners
- Handle and resolve channel concerns, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits
- Assist in identifying improvements to our internal sales operations systems to improve channel processes
- Handle and resolve channel concerns; provide appropriate solutions and alternatives; follow up to ensure resolution
- Serve as a point of contact for new distribution partners; assisting with on-boarding and training of the Matterport sales process, policies, and procedures. Run the entire sales process from prospecting to close
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Maintain accurate pipeline management with expert-level forecasting
- Cultivate, grow and enable partners to successfully close Matterport business
- Demonstrate Matterport using Video calls
Who you are:
- 10+ years of previous experience as Channel Manager in the B2B SaaS or Computer industry
- Experience working in a hyper growth tech, software, or cloud company who has strong business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Able to identify key strategic concerns quickly and driving internal stakeholders to a consensus and experience working in high growth start-up or similar environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships both inside and outside
- Proven track record doing deals and partnerships with IT/software/hardware distributors, resellers, and/or trading companies.
- Existing business relationships and professional network with IT/software/hardware distributors and resellers is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, and resourceful, with the ability to learn quickly about new technologies
- Enterprising – you are creative and hardworking
- BS/BA degree; MBA is a plus
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
The US on target earnings range for this full-time position is 200,000 to $280,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- Company ownership in the form of RSU’s
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy