Brief summary of role:
OpenSpace is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team. Our team consists of experienced, motivated, and self-sufficient high performers. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced high-volume environment. This role will report to the Head of Accounting Operations and will oversee a team.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the accounting team and execute daily accounting operations: Responsible for managing execution of the daily operations of the accounting department (general ledger, cash, AP, inventory, ASC 340 commissions, capitalized internal-use software, consolidation and other accounting activities).
- Own the month-end close process: Drive the monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate communication of the Company’s financial results to the Leadership team and investors.
- Coordinate the annual audit: Own the annual financial statement audit process, update and maintain the technical accounting memos, and prepare PBC requests and the financial statements.
- Maintain compliance with U.S. GAAP: Ensure accounting records are maintained in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Company policy and establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Drive process improvements and build scalable accounting workflows: Work with leadership to identify, document, and implement policies, processes, workflows, and automation to enable OpenSpace’s growth and operation at scale.
- Build cross-functional relationships: lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions (e.g., Accounting, Tax, FP&A, Operations, Legal).
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, with a mix of public and industry experience.
- Minimum of 1 year managing a professional accounting staff of 2+.
- Preferred experience in a large public accounting firm and a high-growth pre-IPO startup, showing progressive responsibilities.
- CPA license (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How you like to work:
- Ability to be flexible, work analytically, and manage competing priorities in a high-growth environment.
- Knowledge and mindset for automation and improvements to streamline processes for scalability.
- A proactive approach to problem identification and independently developing/proposing remediation solutions.
- Ability to work independently with limited required direction, oversight and guidance on simultaneous projects and teams.
- Dynamic learning and growth mindset
- Detail oriented: able to work with large volumes of data with speed and accuracy. Ability to self-check work.
There are many benefits to working at OpenSpace, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, education, demonstrated capabilities, and geographic location within the state. The following salary range applies to this role.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $118,000-$145,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in OpenSpace’s equity plan.
This role is also eligible to participate in OpenSpace’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health and wellness programs, paid time off, 401(k) retirement account, flexible time off, and paid parental leave.
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
OpenSpace welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community. OpenSpace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?