Sr. Front End Engineer, Mobile
Brief summary of the role:
We’re seeking a talented and enthusiastic engineer to join our fun and super-productive mobile team. You’ll build never-before-seen features and functionality to help propel our industry-leading product to even greater heights. You’ll be involved in all phases of the development process and have an opportunity to contribute your product ideas. We develop iteratively, release frequently, and deliver a top-notch customer experience. We believe that work/life balance is critical for sustaining our pace. This role is 100% remote, but we interact daily and value our tight-knit team culture.
What you’ll do:
- Iteratively prototype and develop new mobile features
- Work extensively with React Native in TypeScript and occasionally native iOS and Android code
- Write code to interface with 360-degree cameras
- Help design new APIs in collaboration with our back-end team
- Build infrastructure components
- Work with and extend our reality capture and 3D model components
- Improve our architecture and refactor to reduce tech debt
- Instrument our app to track success metrics
- Help troubleshoot production bugs and customer issues
- Participate in collaborative product and technical design sessions
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience with TypeScript
- 4+ years of experience with React Native
- Full stack experience
- Experience with design systems and mobile-first design
- Creative and pragmatic thinking
- Ability to flexibly adapt over the course of iterations as new insights emerge
- Should be approachable and respectful, open to different ideas, and excel in a collaborative work environment
- Willing to learn and teach
- Experience with device control is a bonus!
- Experience with 3D systems is a bonus!
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- The ability to effectively communicate is an essential function of this position.
- The ability to utilize a computer for an extended period of time is an essential function of this position.
- This role requires the ability to travel. The average travel requirements of this role are up to 5%.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, education, demonstrated capabilities, and geographic location within the state. The following salary range applies to this role.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $158,000 - $195,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in OpenSpace’s equity plan.
This role is also eligible to participate in OpenSpace’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health and wellness programs, paid time off, 401(k) retirement account, flexible time off, and paid parental leave. If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
OpenSpace welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community. OpenSpace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.