Director, Business Development - Federal
Sales & Business Development
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 2, 2023
Orbital Insight’s mission is to understand what is happening on and to the Earth, and our insights have helped track rates of deforestation, detect manufacturing and supply chain disruptions, measure poverty levels around the globe, monitor construction and mining, identify suspect fishing patterns, and more. Orbital Insight’s SaaS platform, TerraScope analyzes a wide variety of sensor data— from satellites to connected devices—to answer Earth’s most urgent and challenging national security problems for our Federal customers. We provide insights to government customers concerned about everything from military movements and illicit trafficking to macroeconomics, migration, supply chain and sustainability.
Orbital Insight, Inc. is seeking a Director of Federal Business Development to join our Federal team. As our Director of Federal Business Development, you will be responsible for leading Federal capture for specific opportunities, strengthening and evolving partnerships to produce new opportunities, and consistently build customer relationships to ensure long term contract growth. You will identify new opportunities and support by growing the multi-year pipeline. This role will require you to regularly collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams to prioritize features needed for opportunities and to grow the long term pipeline.
You’ll have the opportunity to combine your industry knowledge with the company’s leading technology to establish Orbital Insight’s presence in the market.
This role requires USG clearance.
In this job you will
- Identify target customers based on Orbital Insight product offerings and customer needs.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to expand our presence in the Federal domain.
- Act as a true hunter and pursue large opportunities in the federal market and introduce new cutting-edge AI solutions and technologies to the market
- Develop relationships with key partners, supporting growth of our products
- Bring the voice of our customers’ needs and requirements in order to enhance our products and bring value to the customers.
- Develop account engagement strategy in collaboration with additional company stakeholders
- Expand upon and refine Orbital Insight’s US Government market strategy.
- Lead capture of opportunities to include shaping, customer engagement, team identification and full solicitation process.
- Manage pipeline of opportunities to ensure multi-year growth.
- Represent Orbital Insight at key industry events.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Convey technical requirements to the product and engineering teams and be an advocate for customer requirements internally.
- Develop partnership ecosystems to increase sales opportunities.
- Prepare and lead client engagements and presentations.
- Provide quarterly and multi-year orders forecasts.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology or related field
- You possess a TS clearance
- Have a minimum of 3 years in successful federal business development related to the US Federal Government (DoD or IC)
- 2+ years experience with NGA
- 3+ years experience with Geospatial analytics/ intelligence analysis
- You have exceptional consultative and interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of impeccable trust, confidence, and results
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow a portfolio within the US Government space
- Maintain a strong industry knowledge
- Experience leading large capture efforts for competitive award
- Experience leading sole source product award pursuits
- Strong communication skills
- Availability to travel monthly for conferences and customer engagements
At Orbital Insight, we believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our planet is the way to achieve our mission: to understand what is happening on and to the Earth. Orbital Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Orbital Insight.