Sr. UI/UX Designer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
Our mission at Orbital Insight is to understand what we’re doing on and to the Earth. We do this through our cloud-based SaaS platform, Orbital Insight Terrascope and on-premise offering, Terrabox, by ingesting geospatial data at massive scales, then applying state-of-art AI/ML and Data Science algorithms at scale.
As a UI/UX designer for a geospatial analytics company, your main responsibility will be to create user-centered designs for our web-based analytics platform. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, developers, and data scientists to understand user needs and design interfaces that are intuitive, easy to use, and visually appealing. Your design solutions will help our customers to gain insights from their data and make informed decisions.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in designing interfaces for complex web applications, with a strong understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and user research. You should have a keen eye for detail, and be able to work within brand guidelines to create visually appealing designs that are also functional and user-friendly. Additionally, you should have a passion for emerging trends and technologies, and be able to balance user needs with business requirements to create innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate directly with the users of our most critical programs to deeply understand needs, pain points, and workflows to deliver exceptional user experiences.Work
- Lead the design process from ideation to delivery, working closely with cross-functional teams to create user-centered designs for web and mobile applications.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to inform design decisions and ensure a seamless user experience.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate design concepts and iterate on designs based on feedback.
- Design user interfaces that are visually appealing, intuitive, and accessible to a broad range of users.
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to ensure designs are feasible and aligned with business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a design system and style guide to ensure consistency across products and platforms.
- Provide design guidance and mentorship to junior designers on the team.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in UI/UX design, and implement them where appropriate.
- Communicate design decisions and rationale to stakeholders and solicit feedback from them to continuously improve designs.
- Advocate for user-centered design principles and promote a culture of design thinking within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in UX design, human-computer interaction, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in UI/UX design for web applications.
- Proficient in design tools such as Figma, Miro, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
- Experience in designing user interfaces for geospatial or data visualization applications.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and ability to conduct user research and usability testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate design ideas and rationale.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong portfolio showcasing previous design work, including case studies and design process.
- Understanding of design systems and experience in creating and maintaining design libraries and style guides.
At Orbital Insight, we believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our planet is the way to achieve our mission: to understand what is happening on and to the Earth. Orbital Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Orbital Insight.
See more open positions at Orbital Insight
Something looks off?