Senior Security Engineer - Remote
Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
We are looking for a Sr. Security Engineer that can thrive in a startup environment, where they are comfortable navigating competing priorities and managing ambiguity in a fast-paced setting. We are ideally looking for this individual to be based in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut. This role takes accountability for the design, delivery and maintenance of new and existing security solutions while driving regulatory compliance. The role will work closely with business units and external vendors to improve the quality of services for our clients along with internal stakeholders.
- Effectively investigate to identify root cause, including attack vector, exploitation, and other techniques utilized to bypass security controls
- Handle escalations from internal and external sources to quickly triage and respond to threats as needed
- Utilize our technology platforms and security tools to conduct large-scale investigations and collect endpoint and network-based evidence
- Develop and present comprehensive reports for both technical, executive, and non-security stakeholder audiences
- Provide technical subject matter expertise related to strategic projects and initiatives that advance the maturity and capability of the Security team
- Develop and follow detailed operational processes and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate and assist in the remediation of information security-related incidents.
- Identify technology and process gaps that affect CSOC (Cyber Security Operations Center) services; develop solutions and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Contribute to incident response investigations and remediation efforts
- Maintain situational awareness of escalated events and alerts, tools status, vulnerability status, forensics investigations, and all other SOC functions
- Partners with the internal stakeholders to enhance the operational efficiency and effectiveness of our security tools, resources, and automation
- Help ensure significant technology and privacy risks, and associated control deficiencies are escalated to business leadership for information or action
- Implement scalable and efficient tools, partnerships, playbooks, policies, processes, and reporting systems to ensure quality and consistent delivery of services that meets evolving internal standards and external obligations
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, SIEM, DLP and EDR technologies
- Thorough understanding of Windows environments and related security controls (IDS/IPS, AV, Proxies, Firewalls, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks
- Experience with the following:
- Windows log analysis and memory forensics
- Network traffic analysis
- 5+ years of Security related experience
- 8+ years demonstrated ability in an engineering function
- Ability to document processes, procedures, and security designs clearly and accurately for distribution to internal teams and customers
- Technical proficiency in Azure, Google and/or AWS Cloud services, hybrid, and on-premise security solutions including Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Understanding of other technologies required to run a secure, enterprise level infrastructure that adhere to security best practices
- Experience with HIPAA and strong security practices
Offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. This may include but is not limited to substance testing, education, employment, references, state and federal licensure and certifications, criminal history, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and General Services Administration (GSA) exclusions checks.
For Colorado, Nevada, and New York-based employment: In accordance with the Pay Transparency laws the pay range for this position is $135,000 to $175,000. The compensation package may include stock options, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial, generous PTO, stipends for professional development, and wellness benefits. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. The range listed only applies to Colorado, Nevada, and New York.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.