Senior Clinical Product Manager - Remote
Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Pager is looking to hire a Senior Clinical Product Manager to join a diverse and growing team. This person will expand and enhance existing features across our platform, and support product innovation efforts enterprise-wide.
In this role, you will take responsibility for facets of a rapidly evolving chat-first, enterprise-scale healthcare platform that helps consumers navigate their entire care journey. We believe that by breaking apart healthcare silos and bringing different caregivers together into one “no-wrong-door-to-care” approach, we can make healthcare simpler, less expensive, and more accessible.
Direct responsibilities will include:
- Researching and interviewing stakeholders, users, and clients to understand and document business problems, analyzing priorities, and presenting in a coherent manner.
- Transforming business needs into product solutions (features, refinements, and workflows) and writing product and technical requirement documents with special attention to detail and clarity.
- Working with engineering teams to properly scope solutions for incremental delivery, and balance the need to pay off technical debt, resolve bugs, enhance existing features, and develop new features.
- Managing, prioritizing and grooming a backlog of projects and tasks, and proactively communicating owned roadmaps.
- Creating visibility, communicating feature releases including impact on clients, technical or other challenges, and aligning progress with overall business objectives.
- Defining and implementing performance dashboards and measuring KPIs related to areas of product ownership.
- Representing Pager in client-facing interactions and working closely with sales leads.
- Evangelizing product capabilities and progress across different teams.
We’re looking for someone who has the following qualifications:
- Brings meaningful experience in healthcare including either nursing, behavioral health, chronic care management, post acute or any other hands-on or tele-consultative care delivery services. Worked at a health insurance, Integrated Care Delivery, or other healthcare service delivery settings in designing programs or delivering patient services.
- Has significant product development experience including participation in need analysis, requirement gathering, documenting acceptance criteria, articulating requirements to software engineering teams, and hands on user acceptance testing.
- Is experienced designing, creating, and launching services as well as conducting post-launch KPI analysis.
- Analytical and thrives in data-rich environments. Enjoys studying data trends, understanding the rationale behind user behavior, and identifying insights and trends.
- Is detail oriented and can maintain strong organization skills in a fast-paced environment. Is a good communicator and consensus builder, but is not afraid to make decisions and defend them or roll up their sleeves and learn to do things.
- Has an academic degree in a clinical discipline including nursing (e.g., LPN, ADN, BSN/MSN/DNP), doctors (e.g, M.D., D.O., Pharm.D, DPT), Behavioral Science, Healthcare Administration, Medical Technology, Health IT, or any equivalent education.
- Passionate about best of class member experience and overall value delivered to patients under their healthcare coverage plan given the platform and service capabilities.
Experience in any of the following areas will be beneficial but not required:
- Experience with acute care, home-based care, hospital-at-home, Skilled Nursing Facilities, PCP or specialist practice management, urgent care delivery, or telemedicine.
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- EMR (Epic, Cerner, etc.), HIE, and eRx
- HEDIS or CQM measures and NCQA requirements
- ICD-10, SNOMED Clinical Terms, and DSM5
- Medical claims and PBM processes, Prior Authorization, CPT codes, and Revenue Cycle Management
- Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP or other government benefit plans
- Analytics tools like Mixpanel, Metabase, Great Plains or any other data tool
- Experience in Agile Scrum or Software Development Life Cycle process as a team member or a product owner. Used tools such as Jira to capture functional requirements.
- Familiar with creating new service specifications based on soliciting feedback from clinicians or other care delivery professionals, sales teams, and IT staff.
Collaboration and Stakeholders:
Your immediate team will include working directly with a Director of Product Management and colleagues across Product and Design teams. You will rely on collaboration with other product team members by seeking their expertise, providing yours, and reporting to the team and to leadership your project status updates, risks and mitigation strategies, as well as success and failure analysis. Additionally, you will be collaborating with engineering leads and their teams as a representative of the product strategy and vision as well as the SME for user workflow and product interactions. Finally, you will team up with business development, customer success, implementation and program management, clinical operations and training, and sales teams too.
Offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. This may include but is not limited to substance testing, education, employment, references, state and federal licensure and certifications, criminal history, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and General Services Administration (GSA) exclusions checks.
For Colorado, Nevada, and New York-based employment: In accordance with the Pay Transparency laws the pay range for this position is $140,000 to $170,000. The compensation package may include stock options, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial, generous PTO, stipends for professional development, and wellness benefits. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. The range listed only applies to Colorado, Nevada, and New York.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.