Nurse Navigator - Remote
Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice and video, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
This position is for a full-time, fully-remote, Registered Nurse who is willing to think creatively and utilize their clinical skills in the field of Telehealth! We are seeking motivated Registered Nurses with 1+ years of experience to work in Pager's Command Center where our nurseline serves our members 24/7.
An active compact unencumbered RN license in Puerto Rico is required for this position. In addition, licensure in one or more US states is HUGE plus. This position entails working five, 8-hour days a week (6am -2:30pm, 2pm-10:30pm, or 10pm-6:30am Atlantic Time).
The core objective of the Triage RN, Nurse Navigator is to use technology to build trust and triage patients to the right care at the right time while providing an exceptional virtual care experience.
Responsibilities for the Triage RN, Nurse Navigator:
- Provide exceptional customer service and virtual care by communicating with patients via phone, live messaging, video, and email
- Document within EMR
- Follow and apply clinically validated triage protocols
- Ensure the highest quality customer service for patients and providers
- Complete basic nursing responsibilities, outpatient testing, medications, etc…
- Troubleshoot technology with patients
- Work to ensure a seamless patient call center experience
- Coordinate lab orders, prescription orders, radiology tests, and any aspect of patient care
- Work on projects that will optimize operational efficiency and improve the patient’s telemedicine experience
- Assist in identifying technology needs that improve patient experience
- Additional projects as assigned
Candidate Profile for the Triage RN, Nurse Navigator:
- Passionate about patient care and triage
- Enjoy helping others
- Ability to use critical thinking when presented with new and challenging situations
- Relish solving problems, seeking out answers, and trying new things
- Kind, empathetic and possess a strong social perceptiveness
- Positive, energetic, and fun!
- Outstanding multitasking skills
- Enthusiasm and savviness for new technology
- Mastery of oral and written language along with strong typing skills
- Ability to assess and communicate with patients via a text-based platform
- Flexible and fast learner, comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Eager to challenge the status quo of traditional healthcare
- Detail oriented and an organized self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to give and receive actionable feedback
- 1+ years clinical nursing experience in a hospital
- An active, unencumbered RN license in Puerto Rico
- Minimum of Associates in Nursing
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish is required; All applicants must submit a resume in English to be considered
- Prior call center experience strongly preferred
Offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. This may include but is not limited to substance testing, education, employment, references, state and federal licensure and certifications, criminal history, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and General Services Administration (GSA) exclusions checks.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.