Sales Solutions Engineering Director - Remote
Pager is revolutionizing the traditional healthcare journey and aims to serve as your "doctor in the family." As a virtual care collaboration platform, we provide a convenient, connected care experience that covers your health from all angles. Our goal is to simplify the healthcare decision-making process by enhancing accessibility, reducing costs, and making care straightforward and understandable.
Our platform merges hi-tech AI automation with hi-touch concierge services, creating an integrated, full-service experience. This includes triage, telemedicine, e-prescriptions, appointment scheduling, after-care follow-up, care advocacy, and customer service. Our omnichannel communications platform connects the healthcare ecosystem, bringing together a comprehensive care team of nurses, doctors, pharmacists, coordinators, advocates, and more in one place. We proudly serve over 23 million people across the United States and Latin America, partnering with leading payers, providers, and employers.
As a Sales Solutions Engineer Director specializing in the healthcare industry, your role is to support the sales process for healthcare-focused SaaS products. You will work closely with the Sales team, the Product team, healthcare professionals, and technical stakeholders to understand customer requirements and provide technical expertise throughout the sales cycle.
Here are the key aspects of your job description:
- Technical Expertise: Develop a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, including regulatory requirements, workflows, and challenges. Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in healthcare IT.
- Sales Support: Collaborate with the Sales team to identify and qualify opportunities in the healthcare sector. Provide technical insights and product demonstrations to showcase the capabilities and value of the SaaS solution. Answer technical inquiries and address customer concerns related to implementation, integration, security, and scalability.
- Solution Design: Work closely with customers to understand their unique requirements and pain points. Translate customer needs into technical solutions, customizations, or integrations. Collaborate with the Product Management and Development teams to communicate customer requirements and provide input on product enhancements tailored to the healthcare industry.
- Product Presentations and Demonstrations: Conduct compelling presentations and product demonstrations to healthcare professionals, IT administrators, and executives. Illustrate how the SaaS solution can streamline workflows, enhance patient care, improve data security, and drive operational efficiencies.
- Relationship Building: Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders in healthcare organizations and payers, including IT decision-makers, clinicians, and administrators. Understand their objectives, challenges, and desired outcomes. Act as a trusted advisor, offering technical guidance and recommendations that align with their goals.
- Collaborative Engagement: Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Product Management, and Customer Success, to ensure seamless customer experience and alignment of messaging. Share customer feedback and market insights to help shape the product strategy and roadmap.
- RFP/RFI Response: Assist in preparing and responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) or Requests for Information (RFIs). Provide technical input, create solution architectures, and contribute to the development of compelling proposals.
- Industry Awareness: Stay informed about healthcare regulations, compliance standards (e.g., HIPAA), and industry trends affecting the healthcare IT landscape. Proactively share industry updates and insights with the sales team and internal stakeholders.
- Metrics and Reporting: Track and report on key performance metrics, such as sales pipeline, conversion rates, and revenue generated. Provide regular updates and insights to sales management.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Business/Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Informatics, Health Information Management, or a related technical discipline. A Master's or advanced degree preferred.
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth understanding of the healthcare industry, including knowledge of healthcare IT systems, electronic health records (EHR), health informatics, regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA, HITECH), and healthcare data interoperability.
- Technical Expertise: Proficiency in healthcare-related technologies, software applications, and systems commonly used in the industry, such as EHR platforms, Health Information Exchange (HIE) systems, and telemedicine/virtual care solutions.
- Sales and Solutions Engineering Experience: Extensive experience in sales engineering or solutions engineering in the healthcare sector.
- Customer-Focused Approach: Strong customer relationship management skills, with the ability to discover customer needs, provide tailored technical solutions, and build trust as a strategic advisor.
- Regulatory Compliance and Privacy: Familiarity with healthcare compliance standards, data privacy regulations (e.g., HIPAA), and other industry-specific requirements that govern the handling of healthcare data.
- Problem-Solving and Solution Design: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to assess complex customer requirements and design customized solutions that meet those needs.
- Communication Skills: The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaboration and Cross-Functional Abilities: Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Product Management & Development, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success, to align technical solutions with business goals.
- Business Acumen: Understanding of healthcare business models, revenue cycles, and the economic factors influencing decision-making in healthcare and payer organizations.
For Colorado, Nevada, and New York-based employment: In accordance with the Pay Transparency laws the pay range for this position is $190,000 to $264,000. The compensation package may include stock options, annual bonus eligibility, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial, generous PTO, stipends for professional development, and wellness benefits.
Offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. This may include but is not limited to substance testing, education, employment, references, state and federal licensure and certifications, criminal history, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and General Services Administration (GSA) exclusions checks.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.