Part-Time, Senior Payroll Administrator
Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Pager is looking for a part-time (25-28 hours per week), motivated team player to help build and drive payroll processes that will scale with our organization. As a key member of the team, you will be given the opportunity to enhance our existing payroll processes, support cross-functional teams, interact with all levels of leadership, and develop a well-rounded skill set within our payroll function. You will get to participate in a high-energy, collaborative growth culture where your ideas can turn into action and results within weeks!
What you’ll do:
- Process and manage bi-weekly and off cycle payroll for multiple entities with employees across the US and Puerto Rico
- Process and manage payroll adjustments (garnishments, deductions, benefits, leaves, etc.)
- Prepare monthly international contractor payments
- Ensure state and local tax compliance for multiple entities (US and Puerto Rico)
- Coordinate and maintain state and local registrations for new and existing jurisdictions
- Approve tax forms and payroll tax returns prior to filing
- Manage overpayment process
- Collaborate with internal legal team on relevant laws
- Work with HRIS support team on ongoing policy and payroll changes
- Various reconciliations (benefit enrollment/billing, employee changes, and more)
- Continuous monitoring of government regulations
- Coordinate payroll communications with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with accounting team
- Perform and assist in ad hoc reporting
- Create and maintain handbooks to support various policies, ensuring proper controls are maintained
You’re a good fit if you are/have:
- Strong understanding of payroll processing and related controls
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- 7+ years of payroll experience with at least 3+ years experience fully managing the payroll process
- Track record of cross-functional collaboration, putting ideas into practice, and assessing results
- Self-starter that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience in diagnosing payroll issues and implementing solutions
- Experience with Ceridian / Dayforce HCM strongly preferred
It would be great if you:
- Excel at time management; show ability to organize work and handle multiple projects
- Exhibit effective written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritize documentation of all policies and procedures
- Display grit, reliability, dependability, and flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Thrive on enhancing processes that drive automation or show proven efficiencies
- Acquired experience with shift differentials and incentive pay
- CPP Certified is a plus
For Colorado, Nevada, and New York-based employment: In accordance with the Pay Transparency laws the pay range for this position is $60,000 to $72,800. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. The range listed only applies to Colorado, Nevada, and New York.
Offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. This may include but is not limited to substance testing, education, employment, references, state and federal licensure and certifications, criminal history, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and General Services Administration (GSA) exclusions checks.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.