Senior Vice President, Care Delivery
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and nurture lifelong health, one day at a time.
Omada Health is a virtual chronic condition care management company that uses the science of behavior change delivered by human care teams and scaled with the latest technology. As the SVP of Care Delivery, you are responsible for building and leading Omada’s largest organization comprised of health coaches, device strategy and supply chain, member support, and care operations and quality for programs in Diabetes, Hypertension, Diabetes Prevention, Musculoskeletal, and Behavioral Health. You will lead a >250-person team responsible for delivering engaging and effective care while managing on cost of care financial targets that support Omada’s double digit growth. This position is highly cross functional and requires leadership not only within Care Delivery but also across product development, clinical, and engineering. You will serve on the Product Program Committee and Executive Lead Team.
You will love this job if you: This executive leadership position is an opportunity of a lifetime to pioneer something that has not existed, in a market that is just being defined. If you love to lead in highly ambiguous markets and scale teams, then this might be just the job for you. Care Delivery in a virtual health ecosystem is extremely challenging but for the right leader, it is invigorating, energizing, and soul-filling. In the last 3 years, we’ve more than tripled our client base, launched 3 new products, and hired hundreds of Omadans. To say the least, engaging and developing teams is a must. So, if you love building teams with the goal of delivering industry-leading care experiences and outcomes, you will have ample opportunity to put your finger print on our future. We’ve found that our most successful leaders know that growth isn’t a straight line. In fact, it is filled with incredible highs and challenging lows. But we’ve also learned that Omadans who succeed in this kind of environment know how to lead with a steady hand while keeping expectations high and keeping an eye on aligning strategy to execution across teams. Most importantly, we value leaders who value building a healthy culture grounded in unwavering values. If you’re a culture builder, we want you.
Your Impact: Omada is at an inflection point. We are growing high double digits and expect continued accelerated growth. At the same time, in order to get there, we need to be able to become care experience leaders, build highly engaged passionate care teams, and work together with a one-team mindset. The role works collaboratively across the organization (both within Care Delivery and with Product, Clinical, and Engineering and Data Science) to understand, assess, and prioritize gaps and investments, and to execute on key initiatives (organically, and through partnerships) to achieve the Care Delivery strategy and its expected financial and health outcomes. As the SVP of Care Delivery, you’ve got an exciting job to lead the following critical efforts:
- Leads and builds a high performing team and incredible culture to execute on a comprehensive care delivery strategy and plan that results in positive impact on members and their health. Accomplished by collaborating with the President, Executive Lead Team and critical partners including Product Development, Engineering and Data Science, and Clinical.
- Analyzes and assesses care experience opportunities including impact of competitive dynamics, market changes, user needs, organization, stakeholder needs, government regulation, and strategic risks and opportunities for the Care Delivery business.
- Creates and evolves the Care Delivery strategy, including priority areas for value creation aligned to Omada’s long term strategy; product offerings/product strategies; care models; geographic planning; strategic differentiators; capability assessments and priorities; strategy execution roadmaps; strategic financials and value models; investments planning and priorities.
- Creates, maintains, and advances a product lifecycle orientation to strategically design, develop, deploy, and optimize our care delivery products/offerings.
- Engages, influences, and partners across the organization and externally to build alignment and momentum in the formation and execution of our strategy.
- Leads annual strategy planning to establish and review key strategic priorities, financial investments, and operational plans to achieve multi-year strategic care delivery plan, and leads the ongoing execution/progress against the plan.
- Oversees the formation and execution of a care delivery roadmap, which includes care team capabilities, systems and tools, process, and multi-product care plans.
- Oversees the care delivery and coaching team to execute on new and existing member care needs. Achieves outcomes and engagement objectives.
- Manages and leads connected device strategy including supply chain, vendor selection, and device selection.
- Responsible for various accreditations including NCQA, CDC DPRP, and URAC.
- Partners with People & Culture team to optimize Omada’s care delivery operating model related to talent needs/opportunities. Creates a great employee experience. Assesses and ensures upgrade of talent where and when necessary to ensure execution against the strategy; ensures top talent has been aligned to the most critical work across the organization. Ensures creation and ongoing maintenance of a talent pipeline for critical roles.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree highly desirable.
- A seasoned, respected leader with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the care delivery and health services industry with specific experience in managing multiple aspects of the business operations.
- At least 7 years of working experience in a strategic leadership position, preferably working as a senior strategic leader in a fast paced and dynamic business environment
- Strong analytical and insight-driven problem-solving skills with ability to address business challenges and drive business growth and innovation.
- Has demonstrated proven ability to generate new outlooks of the business on the market, for example, through trend forecasting and innovation. Demonstrated results in being able to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into both a short-term and long-term organizational plan
- Demonstrated strong EQ as evidenced by the ability to understand other people, what motivates them and how to work cooperatively with them. Proven track record of resilience, empathy, strong listening skills and the ability to work through challenging business situations in a highly collaborative way to drive the right business outcomes. Possesses strong self- awareness and curiosity.
- Deep understanding and experience in broad business management and operations. Thorough understanding of finance, operations, technology, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
- Has demonstrated track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen, including successful P&L management and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; allocates resources and manages operating expenses to maximize P&L while managing risk.
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people and cross-functional teams; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed.
- Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence and challenge across a matrix environment. Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization, and with external partners.
- Strong persuasion skills and effective communicator; ability to create and communicate a compelling vision internally and externally.
- Enjoys working hard in a fast paced, dynamic environment; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership.
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health:
Omada is a virtual-first chronic care provider that nurtures lifelong health, one day at a time. Our care teams implement clinically-validated behavior change protocols for individuals with prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues for consistent improvements that stack up.
With more than a decade of experience and data, and 24 peer-reviewed publications that showcase our clinical and economic results, we improve health outcomes and help contain healthcare costs.
Our scope exceeds 1,800 customers, including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s.
Omada is the first virtual provider to join the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Leadership Alliance, reflecting our aim to complement primary care providers for the benefit of our members, and affirming our guarantee to every partner: Omada works different.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Omada is thrilled to share that we’ve been certified as a Great Place to Work! Please click here for more information.
Below is a summary of salary ranges for this role in the following geographies:
California, New York State, Colorado and Washington State Base Compensation Ranges: $249,000 - $330,000*.
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus and equity grants.
*The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
Please click here for more information on our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?