Clinical Specialist - Future Role
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time. As we continue to grow, we are on the continuous search for great Clinical Specialists that are aligned with our mission of improving member lives!
We’re hoping to meet with clinicians now and ensure we’re the right mutual fit so that we can act quickly on a limited number of positions that may open in the future. In short, we’re looking to build up a community of great candidates that could join our Clinical Specialist team when we’re ready to grow our team.
Omada is looking for future Clinical Specialists -- Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialist (CDCES - formerly known as certified diabetes educators/CDEs) for full-time remote positions to staff a digital diabetes and hypertension program. Your role will be to guide participants through our online program and deliver the highest quality Diabetes Self-Management Education. You will be fully supported by our online platform, which includes a detailed curriculum and technology to help participants track their progress. You will leverage this cutting-edge platform to monitor blood glucose, blood pressure, labs, and health maintenance appointments. You’ll strategically counsel members through the Omada program, using data science to inform outreach methods during moments that matter. You will actively collaborate with our Clinical, Data, Product and Operations teams to discover and drive digital health coaching best practices. You will serve as a leader in diabetes care within a rapidly growing digital care coaching practice through direct member care.
You have a current certification as a CDCES with experience and/or passion for diabetes and cardiovascular health. You are a strong advocate for patients and clinical staff. You recognize the limitations of our current ambulatory care environment and want to be part of delivering care in a new way. You are creative and love to think strategically about problems and don’t shy away from being a leader. You have deep experience in diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia education and management. You enjoy preventive and/or ambulatory care, specifically patient education in a non-acute care environment.
- Active, unrestricted Certified Diabetes Care & Educator Specialist (CDCES) certification through the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE)
- 3+ years of practice experience as a CDCES in diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Experience with blood glucose interpretation utilizing CGM technology
- Available to work full-time
- Have stellar written and oral communication skills
- Are a fast learner and are able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- You have the ability to translate face-to-face interactions to the digital world
- Are a compassionate and empathetic "people person”
- You’re excited to be at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- You have proven technical ability and a high level of tech savviness
- You have a firm grasp on effective and efficient communication through digital platforms
- You’re excited about working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving
- Committed to the mission of Omada and the lifestyle changes we inspire
Bonus points for:
- At least 1 year of practice with patients with type 1 diabetes
- Digital health coaching or telemedicine experience
- Additional training in informatics or technology
- Knowledge of clinical best practice for diabetes and weight management
- Fluent in Spanish
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada is a virtual-first chronic care provider that nurtures lifelong health, one day at a time. Our care teams implement clinically-validated behavior change protocols for individuals with prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues for consistent improvements that stack up.
With more than a decade of experience and data, and 24 peer-reviewed publications that showcase our clinical and economic results, we improve health outcomes and help contain healthcare costs.
Our scope exceeds 1,800 customers, including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s.
Omada is the first virtual provider to join the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Leadership Alliance, reflecting our aim to complement primary care providers for the benefit of our members, and affirming our guarantee to every partner: Omada works different.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Omada is thrilled to share that we’ve been certified as a Great Place to Work! Please click here for more information.
Below is a summary of salary for this role in the following geographies:
California, New York State and Washington State Base Compensation: $80,000, Colorado Base Compensation: $72,000. Other State Base Compensation: $68,000.
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus. The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
Please click here for more information on our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?