Vice President, Total Rewards & People Operations
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and nurture lifelong health, one day at a time.
The Vice President of Total Rewards and People Operations, reporting to the Chief People Officer, is an important senior leadership role with overall ownership for strategy development, design, implementation and administration of all Total Rewards programs and People Operations services.
This role will ensure that total rewards programs align with Omada’s business objectives, are effective in attracting, motivating, and retaining key talent, and are fully compliant with all regulatory requirements.
This is a collaborative role that works cross-functionally with leaders across all of Omada and partners very closely with leaders in People & Culture (P&C), Finance, Revenue Operations and Legal to understand talent and business needs and collectively develop effective solutions.
As a member of the P&C senior leadership team, this role will help shape the overall Talent and People strategy and translate this into a comprehensive Total Rewards and People Operations agenda.
This position is the primary practitioner and analyst for all compensation matters in addition to leading the overall team. Reporting into this role are a Sr. Benefits Manager and Sr. Manager, People Operations (who leads a 3 person People Ops team). Total team size (direct and indirect reports) is five.
- Build and maintain a total rewards strategy that is fully aligned with Omada’s business strategy, motivates performance, is fiscally responsible, and supports the attraction and retention of high performing talent.
- Engage partners and consult stakeholders in key decisions impacting our Total Rewards offerings, programs and processes.
- Support key members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Board of Directors (BOD) by providing data, analysis, insights and expert guidance to drive recommendations and informed decisions around executive compensation, non executive compensation, and other topics of interest to the ELT, Compensation Committee and the BOD.
Operations and Programs:
- Design, implement and administer programs and processes to support total compensation programs (including cash and equity) as well as all benefit and wellbeing offerings and programs.
- Monitor effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits plans, policies, guidelines and procedures as well as market trends in order to stay current with needs and opportunities.
- Conduct market analysis to ensure compensation and benefit programs are competitive and responsive to both enterprise and business unit needs.
- Based on analysis, make recommendations which are economically feasible and consistent with market trends, best practices, and corporate objectives
- Coordinate implementation and provide guidance and support to managers and the broader organization
- Benchmark sales incentives, in collaboration with Finance and Revenue Operations, and drive the design and implementation of Omada’s sales compensation plans.
- Benchmark non-exempt compensation and benefits practices, in collaboration with Finance and Care Delivery, and drive the design and implementation of Omada’s operations center roles
- Oversee the design, implementation and refinement of Omada’s Job Architecture structure, job descriptions, level definitions etc.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive total rewards communication and education plan.
- Oversee the design and administration of equity compensation plans with a focus on retention and meaningful rewards, balanced with fiduciary responsibilities
- Oversee vendor and consultant relationships for compensation, benefits, and P&C operations; negotiate services and manage costs within budget.
- Work with Sr. Manager of People Operations to design and implement strategies that enhance People Operations service delivery, create efficiencies, and improve the overall employee experience.
- Partner with IT to develop and implement ongoing HR technology strategy, roadmap, and improvements/advancements, including Workday as well as other technology solutions in support of People Operations.
- Lead the delivery of HR analytics to develop data-driven insights to anticipate and solve business challenges across the company related to all areas of P&C.
- 10-15 years+ of experience in designing, developing and implementing compensation and benefits programs in a fast-growing organization; IPO and publicly traded company experience strongly preferred.
- Strong partnering and influencing skills, adept at collaborating with all levels inside an organization, including the C-Suite and Board Directors
- Executive compensation experience including engagement with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Technical expertise and experience in overall competitive compensation positioning, short and long-term incentive design (including sales commissions/incentives), equity management, SEC regulation, executive agreement design, compliance, market analysis, etc.
- Financial acumen; understands short- and long-term financial impact of Total Rewards practices, and able to prepare and oversee the presentation of relevant financial data to a senior audience.
- Proficient as a compensation analyst in order to handle day to day as well as cycle planning needs related to all compensation matters
- Ability and desire to operate as both an executive and individual contributor level
- Strong project management skills (especially change management and education/training).
Essential Behaviors of the Ideal Candidate:
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills; able to work in an agile and dynamic work environment.
- Strong leader with a track record of developing and maintaining high performing teams.
- Excellent presentation and executive engagement skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills with the ability to communicate proactively and cultivate strong relationships with team members at all levels across the company.
- A leader who is inspiring, empathetic, and takes action when and where needed and challenges the status quo.
- A strategic thinker with demonstrated experience in developing creative solutions to complex problems.
- A team player who can go deep in the weeds when needed, while also understanding the big picture.
- A leader who is able, and willing, to do all levels and ranges of work.
- A leader who can seamlessly work as an individual contributor themselves while also leading a team.
- Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity.
- Passionate about supporting a mission to improve healthcare through innovation and technology.
- Ability to distill complex information into key messages and clearly and simply communicate in a compelling way to front line employees and the c-suite alike
Bonus Points for:
- Experience managing People Operations/Shared Services teams in an organization that is growing and scaling.
- Experience in leveraging the Workday platform
- Leading HR technology strategic planning, implementation and improvements
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Paid leave benefits
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Participation in Executive Leadership Development experiences
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada is a virtual-first chronic care provider that nurtures lifelong health, one day at a time. Our care teams implement clinically-validated behavior change protocols for individuals with prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues for consistent improvements that stack up. With more than a decade of experience and data, and 24 peer-reviewed publications that showcase our clinical and economic results, we improve health outcomes and help contain healthcare costs.
Our scope exceeds 1,800 customers, including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s. Omada is the first virtual provider to join the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Leadership Alliance, reflecting our aim to complement primary care providers for the benefit of our members, and affirming our guarantee to every partner: Omada works different.
Omada is thrilled to share that we’ve been certified as a Great Place to Work! Please click here for more information.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Below is a summary of salary ranges for this role in the following geographies:
California, New York State and Washington State Base Compensation Ranges: $249,640 - $312,000*, Colorado Base Compensation Ranges: $224,640 - $280,800*. Other states may vary.
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus and equity grants.
*The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
Please click here for more information on our Candidate Privacy Notice.