Account Executive, Brazil
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Based in Brazil, the Account Executive will find new customers and manage existing relationships as we continue to grow sales according to the business plan. The ideal candidate has a critical role in positioning the Planet services for all key players in Agriculture, Insurance & Banking, Commodities, Food, etc.) In this role the Account Manager has a deep understanding of the target industry. Through this understanding she/he is able to quickly identify possible valuable use cases for clients using Planet Data. The person is an independent thinker, who can also be creative as we expand into new market segments. This person will have a proven business acumen and an aptitude to learn new things. Some of the sectors you will target will include: commercial agriculture (ag-tech) energy; forestry, Insurance & Banking, Commodities, Food and Government . You will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geospatial imagery products and software, or a similar technical field and have previous experience working with or selling data or software into the customer segments in this territory. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition and join Planet on our mission to see change and change the world.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Drive strategic engagement and commercial relationships to maintain, renew and grow business with existing customers
- Generate pipeline and revenue from new logos via outbound, self-directed prospecting, and navigate accounts in your territory to identify new business opportunities, expand relationships and close sales
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence while seeking out new partnerships and working with existing partners as needed
- Collaborate with Sales Engineers for prospect meetings and presentations, generate proposals and present pricing to executive level buyers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date pipeline and sales forecast
What You Bring:
- Demonstrated success self-directed prospecting, identifying and closing business with new customers
- 5+ years of related experience in Software and/or Data as a Service sales (GIS and Remoting Sense is a +)
- Experience selling to agriculture, forestry, financial & insurance services and government customers in this territory, including understanding the nuances of a complex sales cycle and how to navigate multiple government agencies/divisions
- A background in enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to forecast accurately and manage a pipeline of opportunities
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Ability to run deep discovery meetings by identifying and understanding the prospect’s business challenges and needs, gaining consensus with multiple stakeholders and engaging in complex pricing negotiations
- Excellent communication skills, multiple languages is always a plus. Portuguese and English are mandatory
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Live in Brazil
- Experience with CRM, outreach tools and forecasting solutions
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Background in GIS, remote sensing or related field
- Knowledge of consultative selling techniques such as MEDDPICC, Challenger Sale or similar
- Experience identifying, prospecting and establishing new use cases within existing and new accounts
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.