Staff Product Designer
Primer exists to make the world a safer place. We believe that AI is critical to accelerating intelligence and decision cycles that keep us safe. Our AI technology is deployed by the US Government, strategic allies, and Fortune 100 companies to extract timely insight and decision advantage from massive datasets. Primer has offices in Arlington, VA and San Francisco, CA. For more information, please visit https://primer.ai/
As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll work with customers and internal stakeholders to guide product features from ideation to launch for some of the world’s largest enterprises and government agencies. You’ll be responsible for understanding customer needs through data, conversations, and any other means necessary. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Product, and the business.
Our goal is to help our users make sense out of the mountains of data they have. We strive to create innovative solutions powered by our best-in-class artificial intelligence. We are constantly improving and driving the industry forward. All while having a lot of fun doing it. If you love to design new ways for people to engage with computer interfaces, Primer is the place for you.
Responsibilities - How You Will Make an Impact:
- Collaborate with product managers and other designers to incorporate user and customer feedback.
- Interpret and distill complex strategies and requirements, and visually depict the ideal user experience.
- Help formulate the product vision that may span multiple product areas.
- Inspire the team to push the boundaries towards innovation.
- Be a strong partner to your stakeholders and peers.
- Design flows, sketches, prototypes, and drive implementation for your products
- Lead design reviews and mentor other designers and stakeholders to up-level their UI/UX design skills
- Contribute to building a strong human centered design culture
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience as a product designer, interaction designer, or user experience designer
- Experience in human-computer interaction, user research, and design thinking
- Track record of shipping innovative and impactful designs
- Strong portfolio of design projects showcasing your process and results
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills that allow you to convey the value of your design solutions.
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership and guide a team towards achieving a common goal.
- A "compliance first" attitude, we operate in a heavily regulated industry and adhere to WCAG standards.
- Have deep understanding of design systems and interaction patterns to ensure brand, visual and interactive cohesion across products, platforms, and scenarios.
- Experience designing enterprise tools for data-heavy workflows
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$150,000 - to US$190,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills may vary from the range listed above.
What We Offer
We are a series D funded company with investors from Addition, USIT, Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.