Software Engineering and Data Science Intern, Masters and PhD Students
Primer exists to make the world a safer place. We do this by providing trusted decision-ready AI to the world's most critical organizations. Our software enables leaders, operators, and analysts to better understand the changing world around us in real time and make informed decisions when the stakes are high. Primer has offices in Arlington, VA and San Francisco, CA. For more information, please visit https://primer.ai/
About the role:
Primer is looking for talented graduate students or recent graduates of Masters and PhD programs with a passion for building decision-ready AI for the world’s most critical organizations. Join us as we leverage cutting edge algorithms at massive scales to make the world a safer place.
As an intern for Primer, you’ll be assigned to either our Front End, Back End, or Data Science teams. Our internships will run from June 3, 2024 to August 30, 2024.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make An Impact:
- Work closely with the product teams, hands on the codebase
- Own and drive a project with real impact for customers
- Work closely with a mentor, learning on a daily basis
- Present your final project to the entire company
Data Science internship requirements:
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, both from scikit-learn and tools more specific to NLP
- Experience using PyTorch for training and deploying language models
- Fluency in using Jupyter, pandas, and data visualization tools
Front End Engineering internship requirements:
- Experience with React with Typescript and React Query
- Familiarization with Widget-based FE architecture
- Comfort with Styled Components
- Experience using component libraries
Back End Engineering internship requirements:
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with databases, both relational and non-relational
- Experience developing web based APIs using frameworks like Flask, Django, FastAPI or similar.
Required skills and experience for all intern candidates:
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining their Master’s, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Experience taking ambiguous problem statements through to delivered products
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$114,000 to US$135,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
What We Offer
We are a series D funded company with investors from Addition, USIT, Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.