Senior DevOps Engineer
Primer exists to make the world a safer place. We do this by providing trusted decision-ready AI to the world's most critical organizations. Our software enables leaders, operators, and analysts to better understand the changing world around us in real time and make informed decisions when the stakes are high. Primer has offices in Arlington, VA and San Francisco, CA. For more information, please visit https://primer.ai/
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be a key member of the DevOps Engineering team and develop the core infrastructure for building, deploying, and operating our hosted and on-prem systems. You will partner with product managers and software engineers to solve the technical challenges of our machine learning technology and contribute in discovery, design and implementation of solutions to improve infrastructure and release pipelines.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make an Impact
- Drive usability improvements for developers to our continuous build and release process
- Secure and monitor our network and systems to protect customer data in partnership with the security team
- Improve the observability of our systems to support rapid iteration while maintaining stable service
- Oversee management of Azure and AWS infrastructure
- Contribute to strategy development for hybrid on-prem / cloud deployment management as we grow our customer base
- Lead creation and management of detailed technical designs and installation documentation of our technology for use by external customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues related to software and infrastructure
Relevant Skills and Experience
- 4 years of DevOps experience
- Deep knowledge of Linux, containerization and Kubernetes
- Experience with Azure and AWS cloud hosting
- Experience with automation and orchestration of cloud, operating system, and operational tasks
- Expertise in cloud architecture design and management
- Experience with K8s workloads and cost optimization
- Experience with DataStore, Redis, GPU and Crunchy Operators
- Experience managing high-availability databases
- Experience managing and using Elasticsearch
- Experience with managing GPU workloads
- Experience with Okta
- Experience with VPN and Networking for both AWS and Azure
- Experience with US government secure networks
- Experience with ArgoCD and Flux
- Kafka experience
This role will consider applicants from Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Texas or the DC Metro Area.
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$175,000 to US$195,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
What We Offer
We are a series D funded company with investors from Addition, USIT, Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.