Primer exists to make the world a safer place. We believe that AI is critical to accelerating intelligence and decision cycles that keep us safe. Our AI technology is deployed by the US Government, strategic allies, and Fortune 100 companies to extract timely insight and decision advantage from massive datasets. Primer has offices in Arlington, VA and San Francisco, CA. For more information, please visit https://primer.ai/
As a Pre-Sales Solutions Architect, you will work to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Primer’s technology, and address and overcome technical obstacles that arise throughout the sales process. This role will focus on public sector customers.
You will partner with the sales team and engage with executives and leadership at potential customer organizations to understand their unique challenges and identify opportunities for Primer’s suite of NLP/NLG technologies to support their needs. You will strategize on how to navigate complex sales cycles, bring your understanding of industry to value-based demonstrations, support and at times build Proof of Concepts, and win the company new business.
Responsibilities - How You Will Make an Impact:
- Engage with customers and prospects to understand their problem sets, scope technical requirements, prototype and propose effective solutions
- Present Primer’s technology, products, and vision to technical and generalist audiences at prospective and existing client organizations
- Lead technical sales process for numerous customers day-to-day from initial meetings through post-sales (customer success, expansions, and renewals)
- Investigate and deeply understand the technical requirements of prospects and customers and scope solutions to deployment, data-related, or workflow obstacles
- Work hand-in-hand with sales executives to map customer requirements to current and future offerings and to close deals
- With minimal oversight, work with various stakeholders across the business to lead development of prototypes applying Primer’s technology to customer data
- Continuously build expertise in NLP/NLG technologies and companies to understand potential competitors, partners, and vendors and how to position Primer in relation to them
- Marry deep customer expertise with your knowledge of Primer’s suite of products to influence marketing, product design, enhancement, and deployments
- Partner with our product management and engineering teams to identify and prioritize feature development based on customer feedback
- Produce technical content in support of public sector business development and marketing
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a pre-sales or customer-facing environment.
- Professional Python experience
- Linux proficiency
- Hands-on experience with a cloud services provider (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong communication skills - you’ll be the face of Primer to customers
- Knowledge of distributed systems, ETL and ETL workflows
- Track record for consistently exceeding goals and quota
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP)
- Full-stack development skills (including front-end)
- Strong understanding of public sector procurement processes
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$225,000 to US$250,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
What We Offer
We are a series D funded company with investors from Addition, USIT, Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.