Senior Director, Product
Primer exists to make the world a safer place. We do this by providing trusted decision-ready AI to the world's most critical organizations. Our software enables leaders, operators, and analysts to better understand the changing world around us in real time and make informed decisions when the stakes are high. Primer has offices in Arlington, VA and San Francisco, CA. For more information, please visit https://primer.ai/
As a Senior Director, Product, you’ll guide products from ideation to launch for some of the world’s largest enterprises. You’ll be responsible for understanding customer needs through data, conversations, and any other means necessary. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Design, and the business. You’ll face problems that require a mix of technical knowledge, creativity, critical thinking, and business acumen.
Product development at Primer moves rapidly between research, design, engineering, and testing. Product managers keep this process running smoothly, making sure everyone has a shared understanding of the big picture. Product managers manage innovation within the constraints of delivery deadlines and evolving customer needs. They jump between strategic planning, problem-solving facilitation, ideation sessions, deep-dives into scientific literature, and user feedback. We want a team player who enjoys delivering customer value with technology and can speak the 10,000 ft strategic language to customers or the deep dive with your engineering counterparts.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make an Impact:
We are looking for a product leader to oversee one of our critical products and manage multiple customer projects on the platform.
- Roadmap: Work with customers, the business, and engineering to set strategy and collect and prioritize requirements.
- Execute: Work with data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and designers to build products that delight our customers.
- Innovation: Build trust with your teams and customers to understand workflows, and deliver mission-ready practical AI solutions that will help agencies who protect us. Think widely about potential applications of machine learning and natural language processing techniques, translating the capabilities of these techniques into business value for customers.
- Leadership: Ability to inspire engineer / design teams and have a clear executive aligned strategy for the product growth areas. Understand customer needs and convert it to capabilities that are differentiated in the market. Be a player coach who can collaborate across multiple cross functional teams with the common language of the customer.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 10+ years of product management for a technology company (bonus for experience with enterprise software)
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products and features
- Ability to set strategic direction, prioritize, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Ability to build and share a representative and empathetic understanding of customers
- Excellent writing and communication skills to bring along engineering, business teams and executives
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Ability to transition between drafting product requirements and leading engineering and design team to make product requirements a reality
- Ability to travel to the customer site or to the DC office for customer & team meetings
- Preferred experience working with Data Scientists or Machine Learning engineers
This role will consider applicants out of San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$240,000 to US$265,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
Primer works closely with the U.S. defense and intelligence establishment. Any offer of employment is conditioned on an applicant or employee being able to meet any applicable government contract requirements. The company may rescind any offer of employment to an applicant or terminate an employee if the applicant or employee is unable to perform the functions of the position in compliance with applicable government contracts or if an applicant or employee makes a false attestation of compliance.
What We Offer
We are a series D funded company with investors from Addition, USIT, Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others. We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.