Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
Just as our employees work to push the limits of drug discovery, you’ll push your newly-acquired accounting skills to the limit to ensure that the Accounting team has the support they need to provide timely, accurate, complete, and insightful financial information to key stakeholders.
This position is located in downtown Salt Lake City and offers a flexible work schedule. This will be a temporary contract role for 6 months.
The Team You’ll Join
As an account clerk, you will be an essential member of the Finance Team reporting directly to the AP/Payroll manager and work directly with other accounting clerks and members of the finance team. The Finance team is a fun, tightly-knit group. You will leverage the depth and breadth of your accounting knowledge to help increase the sophistication of our existing payroll function during a time of exponential growth, post IPO. You will also rely on your interpersonal skills to effectively work cross-functionally across the organization.. You will need self-initiative, a collaborative mindset, and the ability to transparently communicate with organization team members at all levels.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An ability to function as a team player, provide exceptional internal customer service, and meet deadlines
- Duties will include everything from reviewing mail for invoices to learning to prepare payment journals after satisfying three way match for invoices
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.