People Business Partner
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
The People Business Partner at Recursion plays a strategic role in delivering our company strategy and the employee experience. They are able to recognize nuances and complexities in various situations and navigate them while amplifying trust. As a trusted resource for People Systems and Principles they have influence with employees and senior leaders. With their expertise they are able to leverage skills and data to identify insights, communicate priorities, and co-create actions with business leaders. The People Business Partner digs deep to understand the strategy and work of our teams and brings these insights into the design of People Systems. They are knowledgeable in areas such as talent, performance, compliance, law, employee relations, compensation, and organizational effectiveness, and use this knowledge to accelerate delivery. They actively partner with business leaders to coach and facilitate leadership, trust, and teamwork. Finally, they act as a role model for their team, advocating for diversity and modeling inclusive behaviors for others.
- Partner - Leads with trust to support business leaders and provide thought leadership to help accelerate delivery through talent strategy, organizational effectiveness and design, and change management
- Coach - Provides guidance, support, and feedback to amplify individual and leadership capabilities
- Industrialize - Champions a “systems thinking mindset” to analyze, design and deliver People solutions that lift performance and reinforce culture
- Collaborates - Communicates effectively, facilitates teamwork, and adds value while informed by the company values, and our founding principles.
This position is based at our headquarters in Salt Lake City. However, we will consider hybrid work for this position. We ask that hybrid employees commit to regular on-site visits for routine work and departmental events (estimated at about 40% of their time).
The Team You’ll Join
Our company mission is purposefully audacious, expansive, and impactful.The People Team matches that audacity to accelerate our mission through people, teams, and culture. We showcase a strong “principles-first” approach to our work. Our durable strategy focuses on developing the right talent and championing an intentional culture to support high-performing teams.
As a member of our People Business Partner team, you’ll support our teams and leaders to industrialize drug discovery in a business-facing role. The pace of our work is highly dynamic, allowing for opportunities to add value through your strengths and expertise while honing your craft with engaging work. You will report to our Director of People Business Partners and work closely with an amazing team of People Business Partners, Generalists and Operations Associates.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 6+ years of progressive HR experience in tech, life sciences or biotech
- 4+ years as an HR Business Partner
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen to work cross-functionally with senior leaders
- Experience in strategic organizational issues, change management, talent management and using data to drive insights in these areas.
- Demonstrated strengths in coaching, consulting, and problem-solving skills applied to influence and guide.
How You’ll be Supported
Aside from your new “best team ever” you’ll be supported by:
- Invested and Engaged Leadership: Regular 1:1s with a leader and leadership team that provides opportunities for growth, visibility and feedback.
- Principles, Culture, and Values: A comprehensive onboarding that includes an overview of company culture, policies, and procedures, as well as an introduction to the team and key stakeholders. This will include a PBP Buddy to help you learn Recursion.
- Development: The team regularly holds “deep dives'' to explore new ideas, share expertise in our toolkits, or train each other on best practices. We provide our PBPs with membership in external groups to provide HR training and networks in the BioPharma space.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.