Manager, EHS Test Operations
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) team is responsible for risk management and compliance as it relates to frontline operations and manufacturing processes. We develop programs, processes, controls, and other solutions aimed at preventing injuries in the workplace, and maintaining compliance to local, state, and federal regulations. Additionally, we play a pivotal role in shaping company culture; creating an environment that fosters safety and operational excellence for our employees at Relativity Space. We are looking for best in class EHS professionals who are looking for a fresh experience to hone their craft and are excited at the prospect of shaping the future of spaceflight.
What you’ll do:
The Manager, EHS position will lead the EHS effort at our world class propulsion and vehicle test team at our test site at Stennis Space Center, and our launch site at Cape Canaveral. We are looking for a dedicated self-starter who thrives in ambiguity. This person will have strong ownership over day-to-day EHS operations, initiatives, and programs. The Manager, EHS will be partnering with test and launch site stakeholders to build a comprehensive compliance strategy and further develop our world class safety culture. They will oversee EHS personnel at our Stennis Test and Cape Canaveral launch locations. Additionally, this person will be responsible for the following:
- Developing key partnerships with test personnel to support EHS programs and initiatives
- Partnering closely with Stennis leadership to grow our world class safety culture
- Working closely with engineers to design safe systems into test systems and processes
- Customize corporate policies and initiatives to match test-site hazards
- Facilitating and providing EHS training
- Maintain compliance to applicable local, state, and federal safety regulations such as OSHA and AFSPCMAN 91-710
- Identify hazards and drive corrective actions to eliminate or mitigate hazards
- Lead root cause investigations for incidents and injuries that may occur
- Coach and mentor employees in safe work practices and policies
- Provide EHS oversight over construction contractors
- Support key environmental operations for hazardous waste management and environmental permitting
- Interface with and support compliance program initiatives with CCFS Space Force, NASA, FAA, and other regulatory organizations
What you need to know:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental sciences, occupational health and safety, or another related technical discipline and minimum 6+ years of EHS experience in propulsion test services, launch, oil and gas, chemical production, or another related industry is required.
- Minimum 3+ Years of experience in the following EHS competencies:
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Pressurized and/or cryogenic systems
- Training delivery – this person must be a distinguished safety trainer
- Building and implementing EHS programs
- Working with OSHA compliance regulations, NFPA, ANSI, ASME, and other safety-related consensus standards.
- Proven proficiency in health and safety topics including but not limited to:
- Confined Spaces
- Machine guarding and automation safety
- Arc Flash / Electrical Safety
- Fire and life safety
- Flammable Liquids
- Technical competencies in EHS Management systems and Microsoft Office Suite or other similar tools and systems
- Experience in chemical management and industrial hygiene
- Experience using root cause analysis methodologies to investigate incidents and injuries
- Proficient project manager, with the ability to juggle and execute multiple projects at one time
- Ability to travel 25%
Nice to have but not required:
- Master’s degree in public health, engineering, occupational health and safety, or other related degree program
- Current CSP, ASP, CIH, QISP, AQMD CPP, CES, CEP, or other professional environmental certification
- Systems experience in Jira, Confluence, and Github
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?