IT Project Manager
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We are looking for an IT Project Manager to join our rapidly growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. In this role, you will be a core member of the IT PMO supporting and coordinating project activities across all facets of Information Technology. You will be responsible for championing and instilling Program and Project Management best practices and tools throughout IT engineering groups working closely with Management, Development, and IT teams to successfully deliver a multitude of complex, wide-reaching Information Technology projects.
What you’ll do:
To help us support our growing 3D printing capabilities and rocket manufacturing, as an IT Project Manager at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s Information technology team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Manage requirements definition, resource allocation, project tracking, status reporting across multiple concurrent IT projects.
- Employ your process knowledge to optimize efficiency and maximize productivity throughout all IT initiatives.
- Define and instrument Project-Level Objectives to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Ensure we implement and follow best project management practices and build a world class team.
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance.
- Oversee multiple project team members, ensuring goals are reached on time and successfully.
- Work closely with project sponsor and cross-functional teams, to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Manage project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors.
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
- Identify, report, and collaborate on risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the company.
- Facilitate end-user communications and org change management required for new project deployments
- Collaborate closely with IT PMO members, VP of IT, and IT managers to ensure consistent PMO experience, delivery, and expectations.
What you need to know:
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience as a IT or Technical Project Manager, ideally in a mid-to-large sized, super high-growth environments at a technology company. Familiarization with complex IT technologies, and a deep passion for delivery of superb work products are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to increase efficiency and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field and 5+ years of experience in IT Program or Project Management.
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles processes
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Proven proposal writing experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated talent for project coordination and delegation.
- Passion for end-user communications and organizational change management when rolling out new projects.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Agile Mythologies, and PMBOK
- Certification, classes, or training in project management
Nice to haves but not required:
- PMP Certification
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?