Manager, Structural Analysis
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
This is a senior management role in the Vehicle department. Your peers will be leaders of highly technical analysis disciplines e.g. aerodynamics, structural dynamics, controls, and vehicle simulation. Your team is a group of talented structural analysts.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the design of major Terran R system elements to meet criteria for structural and thermal performance
- Serve as company technical authority for structural analysis, with ownership of relevant requirements, criteria and verification activities; customer and government certification; and methodology, tool sets, and workflows
- Hire, train, guide, and mentor analysts to be hardware-focused, collaborative, and technically rigorous
- Collaborate with hardware owners on structural analysis across the company to identify opportunities for risk reduction and streamlining
- Establish and execute roadmaps for engineering analysis in collaboration with Relativity’s leadership team
- Define and lead testing campaigns, such as for engine components, pressurized primary structure, and mechanisms, including test modeling & planning, instrumentation, data acquisition, test operations, and model correlation
- Mature Relativity’s analysis processes, including custom and commercial tool selection and implementation, workflow automation, methodology development, and data and results processing and communication
- Direct consultants and contractors in supporting analysis and test activities
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field and 7+ years relevant experience
- 3+ years experience in managing and leading highly technical teams, including hiring and performance management
- Industry-leading expertise in high-performance aerospace structures
- Experience in an analysis role from concept through V&V and certification on multiple vehicle programs
- Experience solving complex problems on integrated vehicles
- Hands-on experience with testing, instrumentation, and data analysis at the component and system levels
- Experience structuring, negotiating, executing, and delivering complex analysis projects for hardware teams and certification authorities
Nice to haves but not required:
- A graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 15+ years relevant experience
- Experience managing and developing analysis toolsets and workflows using both custom and commercial software
- Expertise in multiple technical domains (e.g. structural and thermal)
- Experience leading anomaly resolution/failure investigations
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?