Staff CAD Administrator
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We are looking for a NX Integrations and CAD Support Analyst to join our rapidly growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. In this role, you will be working closely with Engineering Applications team members and Engineering to support all aspects of engineering process; Fluids Systems, Structures, Avionics, Propulsion, Test, Launch, and GSE. In this role you will be concentrated on NX and Teamcenter PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) applications support to Engineering including new software product testing and software training.
What you’ll do:
- Development and delivery of Teamcenter / NX software training as well as coordination of all training activities.
- Ongoing support of NX software testing including changes and upgrades.
- Perform as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Engineering Design, Drafting, modeling standards using NX and Teamcenter including training and mentoring.
- Timely support of engineering help desk for Teamcenter and NX.
- Full understanding and knowledge of Engineering Bill of Materials (EBOM).
- Develop, support and manage Cadenas PARTsolutions /Standard Parts Library, templates, format and configuration files.
- Design, Test and Deployment of NX configurations.
- Manage Templates, Customizations, preferences.
- Verify NX 3D CAD model design for compliance with Engineering drawings, drafting/design manuals and specifications.
- Develop / Document design workflows and best practices.
- Participate in creation of Part Families as needed in ongoing support of Mechanical Routing application (Tubing and Piping).
- Understanding of Teamcenter Rich Client and AWC User Interface (UI) with NX
- Coordinate with external vendors, consultants to provide additional Teamcenter and NX support.
- Cross-functional collaboration with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain users and stakeholders.
What you need to know:
Experience working in Design / Manufacturing Engineering environment.
To be successful in this role, you should have minimum 10 years of NX CAD Design or administration.
Prior experience in PLM concepts and functionalities, familiarization with design best practices, industry standards, drawing/drafting standards, understanding of PMI/GD&T.
You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to increase efficiency and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
- 10+ years’ experience in NX, Teamcenter.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of design principles.
- NX Administration / Configuration experience
- Experience with NX Part Families
- Experience in Production environment support for Teamcenter 4-Tier architecture, installation/visualization NX integration (Rich Client and AWC – Active Workspace Client), infrastructure.
Nice to haves but not required:
- BA/BS desired; may substitute experience for degree
- Other MCAD (Mechanical CAD) e.g. SolidWorks, Creo, Autodesk/AutoCAD Inventor etc. a plus.
- Programming skills, Python, C++, KF, Visual Basic, NX Open
- Understanding of Active Workspace Client (AWC) integration and visualization a plus.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace