Category Manager, Infrastructure
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for optimizing the end-to-end network of organizations, activities, and resources required to convert materials and hardware into entirely 3D-printed launch vehicles. Being both an internal and external facing function, we closely partner with an extensive number of groups to develop the operational strategies, processes, and tools that are utilized to fulfill end-customer demand for our launch services.
As the Category Manager of Infrastructure, you’ll work closely with our Infrastructure teams to develop and implement category strategies for construction, facilities and capital equipment categories, drive strategic sourcing activities, negotiate procurement agreements, manage supplier relationships, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Collect, cleanse, and analyze historical spend data from our ERP and review forward-looking spend plans to develop category strategies within the Infrastructure domain.
- Manage end-to-end RFI/RFQ/RFP process in partnership with key Infrastructure stakeholders to increase supply market competition, identify and partner with the best suppliers, and maximize value creation for the company.
- Drive end-to-end contract negotiations to achieve favorable contract terms, eliminate or minimize risk exposure, and enforce supplier accountability.
- Coordinate purchase orders and invoices to ensure order management compliance is met and invoices are paid on-time, if applicable.
- Manage key supplier relationships throughout sourcing, procurement, supplier work execution, and beyond to ensure schedule, cost, and quality attributes are diligently controlled.
- Lead business reviews to highlight best practices and opportunities which should ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business relationships.
- Maintain up-to-date supply market research and expertise for responsible scope and build your reputation as the go-to market expert.
- Develop reporting frameworks and tools to effectively communicate sourcing status, supplier performance, value creation (i.e., savings), and more to applicable cross-functional stakeholders.
- Perform other category management duties as assigned.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or similar.
- 7+ years of working in a strategic sourcing role within a fast-pace, high-dollar environment.
- Proven track-record as a world-class category strategist, contract negotiator, and project manager within Construction, Machining and Facility-related categories.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, MES) and data analysis applications/tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau).
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, Economics/Finance, or similar.
- 3+ years of Infrastructure/Construction category sourcing.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?