Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Relativity Space security team is charged with protecting the company’s personnel, property, and operations. Our team will perform and support a multitude of security-centric tasks both in the traditional and ‘non-standard’ realm given the unique mission of our company. Our team will leverage relationships with internal and external partners to establish and maintain the most effective protective posture to help ensure the future success of Relativity Space.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Security Supervisor to join our growing team at Relativity Space. The role of the Security Supervisor is to create an ultra-professional and welcoming team at our Long Beach, CA facilities. This position will also support a myriad of security related activities for Relativity Space and duties may include visitor management, administrating access control software, monitoring CCTV cameras, emergency response, VIP event support, and other activities at the direction of Relativity Space leadership. The Security Supervisor will report to the Manager of Physical Security & Security Infrastructure.
- Ensure that security staffing both internal and contracted is at required levels based on operational tempo.
- Ensure outstanding customer service for all personnel entering Relativity Space properties.
- Respond and coordinate resources during emergency situations on Relativity Space properties.
- Monitor CCTV camera feeds and alert or respond alongside other security personnel if off-nominal behavior or activity is identified.
- Support administration of Relativity Space badging programs including printing, managing access levels, and updating protocols as needed.
- Provide assistance to those managing the Relativity Space parking program, including pass issuance, tracking, and documenting parking violations for employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Provide a dynamic range of training programs to both internal and contracted security staff.
- Support a broad spectrum of physical and administrative security assignments as directed by Relativity Space Leadership.
- Provide outstanding support to internal and external entities supporting Relativity Space operations.
What you need to know:
To be successful in this role, you should have a combined 10+ years of experience in security, law enforcement, or serving in the U.S. military. Ideally, you’ll have experience interacting with a broad spectrum of personalities and have established the ability to quickly solve problems as they arise. A positive attitude is a necessity as this teammate will work closely with many internal partners and must be able to develop good rapport and relationships within the company. Experience working as a team is also critical given the broad scope of duties that this position will support in varying capacities. Familiarity with security camera software and access control software is also important as these will be a standard component of daily duties.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- 10+ years of experience in a law enforcement, military, or security role.
- Demonstrated ability to function and lead others effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse spectrum of personalities.
- Ability to function effectively and professionally with minimal security leadership and oversight.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves but not required:
- In-depth familiarity with U.S. Air Force and NASA space launch operations.
- Familiarity with Relativity Space company goals and culture.
- Knowledge of security hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Industry certifications, such as CPR, AED and basic life support.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace