Staff Accountant I
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Accounting team at Relativity is responsible for the financial integrity of the entire organization. Our functions include general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting, audit, tax and compliance, accounts receivable, credit, and cost accounting.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare general ledger journal entries for month-end close
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, including identifying and resolving variances
- Prepare explanations for monthly flux analyses
- Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements
- Assist in year-end audit by providing external auditors with supporting documentation
- Assist in developing internal process improvements, including documenting processes
- Assist with ad hoc duties and special projects, as needed
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience from public accounting or private industry sectors (both a plus!)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
Nice to haves but not required:
- Big 4 / regional firm audit / assurance experience
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA), active or inactive
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process
- Fast-growing start-ups and/or manufacturing industry experience
- ERP experience
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?