Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Machine Shop
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Machine Shop is the core subtractive manufacturing process team responsible for sourcing and developing in-house machining capabilities and meeting the challenging demands of the company. Our mission is to ensure the proper processes are developed, sustainable tools are built, and designs are created that support the manufacturing of the world’s first 3D printed rocket through implementing creative solutions and challenging the status-quo on the stale evolution of traditional rocket manufacturing.
What you’ll do:
The Machine Shop team is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to champion machining development through novel methodology and effective communication with our vehicle and propulsion design and manufacturing teams.
You will be responsible for driving upstream changes that leverage the use of our additive and subtractive technology to enable rapid iteration. On a daily basis, you will communicate with multiple stakeholder groups and provide expert guidance to DFM and GD&T. In tandem, you will develop a deep understanding of process and flow through the machine shop and leverage your expertise to drive process improvement through teamwork and collaboration.
- Own technical product development and design for manufacturing for machined components for Aeon R
- Serve as key technical support on advanced manufacturing products and processes as they relate to subtractive manufacturing
- Continuously improve the organization’s approach to machining development
- Leverage your expertise across multiple departments to drive consistency and alignment in machining efforts
What you need to know:
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering or comparable STEM field
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in a related role
- Deep understanding of machining operations such as multi-axis CNC system setup, programming, tooling, and fixture designs
- Expert knowledge of GD&T and design for manufacturing as related to machining/subtractive manufacturing
- Expert understanding of pre- and post-processing techniques and requirements for machined components
- Demonstrated expertise in process and product design
- Experience machining 3D printed hardware
Nice to haves but not required:
- Familiar with additive manufacturing systems
- A strong sense of self-awareness with the ability to influence others outside of your organization
- Experience with automation for machine tending
- Demonstrated project management experience
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?