Facilities Technician II
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity seeks a Facilities Technician II or III to join a rapidly growing space startup. Responsibilities will include supporting the Facility and Infrastructure Team with buildings, and general facility maintenance, construction, inventory operations and miscellaneous tasks to support Relativity’s manufacturing facilities in Long Beach, CA. You will work closely with the Facility and Infrastructure Team to support any activity required to build out and maintain our manufacturing facilities.
What you’ll do:
The Facilities Technician will work under the direction of the Facilities Lead to ensure the security and maintenance of the facility and support all facilities teams in maintaining the site in a good state of repair and appearance including all buildings and facilities. This position will work on repair problems on commercial job sites in Long Beach. To start, your duties will be to work autonomously or in teams on preventative maintenance programs and small construction projects, including ordering of some materials.
What you need to know:
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety
- Observes and receives training, instruction, and guidance on various building operations processes
- Adheres to existing working practices, methods, procedures, and undertakes relevant training and development activities
- Performs general labor work as assigned
- Assists with installation and modification of building equipment systems, under supervision
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC, under supervision
- Performs housekeeping functions and maintains the professional appearances of the property, equipment, engineering spaces, and common areas
- Paints and patches drywall
- Performs other minor carpentry repairs under supervision
- Maintains grounds of facility or property performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing, pressure washing or snow removal
- Facilitates office access and office moves by providing moving crates, assembling furniture, office keys, nameplates, etc., including furniture builds
- Maintains key inventory
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed
- Successful completion of apprenticeship course work required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Prior experience in maintenance, construction, or repair
- Reliable transportation and the ability to complete assigned shifts
- Ability to lift and manipulate 50 pounds
- Work from heights and on ladders as well as squatting, stooping and/or kneeling with a tool belt
- Valid California state driver's license and acceptable driving record required
- Willingness and ability to pass in-house Forklift certification, required
Nice to haves but not required:
- Knowledge of electrical codes and CA State electrical certification
- Eagerness to learn electrical schematics and blueprint reading
- Knowledge of High and Low Pressure Gas systems including Argon, CO2, Nitrogen, Helium Gas systems
- Knowledge of DI water programs
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?