People Operations Specialist
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We're looking for a People Operations Specialist to join our People Operations team at Relativity Space, reporting to the Manager, People Operations. The People Operations team functions as the primary resource for every day employment needs. The ideal person for this role has experience managing leave of absence, is familiar with HR systems, partners well with internal stakeholders and is detail oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Manages relationship with our leave of absence third party administrator
- Processes, administers, and tracks all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities, in partnership with People Business Partners
- Partners with Total Rewards on benefits implications for leaves
- Partner with Environmental Health & Safety team on Worker’s Compensation claims
- Owns and assists with other People Operations projects
- Assists with new-hire orientations
What you need to know:
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits, leave of absence and applicable laws
- Experience managing worker’s compensation claims
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- 2-4 years experience in HR and/or leave of absence administration
- BS/BA degree in HR or related field
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with Workday preferred but not required
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?