Avionics Test Engineer, High Voltage Systems
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Avionics Test & Operations team is responsible for testing avionics hardware and systems across the entire product lifecycle of Terran 1 and Terran R: component-, subsystem-, and vehicle-level.
As an Avionics Test Engineer, High Voltage Systems at Relativity Space, you will be responsible for the testing and verification of high-voltage components and systems that comprise the Terran R launch vehicle (batteries, actuators, power distribution systems, etc). This includes working closely with the avionics design team to identify and troubleshoot any issues and developing automation and testing infrastructure to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
What you’ll do:
- Develop frameworks and infrastructure to conduct qualification and acceptance testing of high-voltage Avionics components on the Terran R launch vehicle
- Design equipment to facilitate Avionics component testing: simulation circuits, auxiliary test equipment, test harnesses, and system validation tools
- Work with hardware design engineers and software engineers to derive test requirements and methodologies
- Create and maintain test plans and procedures for high-voltage systems
- Integrate, commission, and operate test rack hardware and software to support component- and system-level functional testing
What you need to know:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with high-voltage electrical hardware testing (300-600 VDC)
- Strong understanding of high voltage systems, including electrical principles and safety considerations
- Experience working with electronics test equipment such as power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and electronic loads
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to haves but not required:
- Previous experience in industries with a product focus on high-voltage DC systems (electric vehicles, EVSEs, etc.)
- Familiarity with high-voltage (300-600V) DC components such as batteries and actuators
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or MATLAB for data acquisition/recording and analysis
- Experience with a schematic capture & PCB design tool such as Altium Designer
- Familiarity with common communication protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, UART, SPI, etc.
- Familiarity with wire harness design
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?