Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity Space is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace technology, Relativity’s platform vertically integrates intelligent robotics and 3D autonomous manufacturing technology to build the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket. Relativity’s investors include Mark Cuban, Y-Combinator, Social Capital, and Playground Global.
We are looking for a Facilities Electrician to join our growing team at our factory in Long Beach, California. You will be responsible for supporting our manufacturing facility on a day to day basis. Work includes but is not limited to: essential maintenance, troubleshooting, managing trade partners, reviewing current installations, reviewing future designs, and working with the engineering team. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes and are eager to develop a next-generation manufacturing facility.
This position is part of our Facilities organization, which maintains the manufacturing facility. Our facilities are a vital part of Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
As a Facilities Electrician, you will work with various internal and external teams on installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting our electrical equipment that supports our 3D autonomous manufacturing technology. You will also support other facility operations and maintenance as needed. Travel between Relativity factories, warehouses, and office in the Long Beach area will be required.
What you need to know:
As a Facilities Electrician at Relativity, you will be at the forefront of creating a world-class manufacturing site. You enjoy working with teams and can work autonomously to ensure project completion. You have a strong background in the installing electrical equipment, troubleshooting, and construction management, and you have a passion for taking ideas and designs and making them a reality in the built environment. You are a learner and doer at heart who continuously engages across technical and operations teams to achieve remarkable outcomes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70)
- Excellent working knowledge of NEC 70E
- Certified General Electrician in the State of California
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the construction industry working with electrical systems and other trades
- Experience with 480/277V and 120/208V distribution systems
- Experience troubleshooting electrical equipment
- Experience with electrical distribution, load balancing, single-line diagrams, design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintenance of power systems
- Experience with grounding and bonding electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read and interrupt technical plans, blueprints, manufacturer’s instructions
- Ability to use a variety of electrician’s hand tools including: hydraulic conduit benders, conduit threaders, digital multi-meters, hydraulic punches & crimpers
- Ability to install switchboards, panelboards, UPS, transfer switches, rigid conduit
- Ability to make up cord caps and other end device connections
- Ability to work with Engineers directly and to solve problems
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written form with internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift or constraints change
Nice to haves but not required:
- 10+ years of experience in the construction industry working with electrical systems and other trades
- Field experience managing other trade partners
- Experience in the aerospace sector
- Experience with NFPA 780, NFPA 497, NEC 70B
- Experience with Launch GSE Operations
- Experience with Voice, Data, and telecom equipment and installation requirements
- Experience with Fire Alarm and life safety equipment
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?