Mission Reliability Engineer II
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Mission Reliability team is responsible for ensuring that Relativity’s rockets are designed, built, and operated with the highest level of engineering rigor. As a part of this team, you will work across every function at the company to develop solutions for the Terran R launch vehicle that will be pivotal to mission success.
What you’ll do:
As a Mission Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for working across all engineering disciplines to tackle the most challenging issues that Relativity faces throughout design, build, test, and launch operations.
- Develop vehicle architecture that improves reliability through robustness, protection, and fault tolerance
- Perform failure analysis to uncover and mitigate weak points in vehicle design
- Lead root cause investigations of significant anomalies during test/launch operations and drive corrective actions
- Develop processes and software tools to track manufacturing issues, manage technical risk, and control changes to vehicle configuration
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field
- Experience with Mission Assurance, Reliability, or Systems Safety
- Knowledge of complex aerospace hardware and processes related to manufacturing, integration, testing or launch operations
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external groups to overcome associated constraints
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to rapidly resolve interdisciplinary issues
Nice to haves but not required:
- Direct hands-on experience in the rocket integration and launch operations
- Full product life cycle experience with a new launch vehicle or spacecraft
- Experience with anomaly resolution and corrective actions
- Experience with engineering risk management, engineering configuration, and change management
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?