Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain networks required to manufacture, test, and launch the cutting-edge next generation reusable launch vehicle - Terran R. Within the Supply Chain org, the Materials Management team is responsible for the physical and systematic movement of inventory, including all operations related to shipping, receiving, logistics, inventory control, material handling, and production control. As a part of the Materials Management team, you will ultimately be responsible for inventory accuracy and ensuring efficient and timely material movement. In this role, you will become a subject matter expert on the enterprise systems we use (ERP, MES, etc.) and you will interact with a number of cross-functional stakeholders and internal customers spanning various workcenters, including but not limited to: Avionics, propulsion, machine shop, tube shop, additive, and structures & integration. To thrive in this position, we seek candidates who possess strong problem-solving skills, can navigate ambiguity with ease, and exhibit a process-oriented mindset. We look forward to welcoming an exceptional candidate to our team.
What you’ll do:
- Acknowledge and process all incoming material and packages, including receipt in ERP system, scanning of documentation, and transport to subsequent location
- Perform checks of incoming hardware to screen for obvious damage, incorrect quantities, or discrepancies in paperwork from vendors
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including procurement specialists/buyers, inventory specialists, and quality to ensure the timely receipt of all goods
- Maintain the MRB cage, following up on open tickets on nonconforming parts as needed
- Assist with key projects to aid in improvements related to physical flow of goods and streamlining processes
- Set the tone for Receiving at Relativity, making sure to promote a focused and collaborative environment
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area
- Support the organization’s metrics and goals
What you need to know:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a logistics, inventory, receiving inspection or material handling role
- 2+ years of forklift experience
- 2+ years of experience with ERP, MES and/or WMS softwares
- Proficient communication skills across multiple platforms (email, Slack, etc.)
- Strong computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Flexible schedule and ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
- Attention to EHS guidelines
Nice to haves but not required:
- 5+ years of experience in logistics, inventory, receiving inspection or material handling role
- 5+ years of forklift experience
- Experience working in aerospace or automotive environments
- Interest and knowledge in flight hardware and terminology
- Experience with creating inventory control or receiving procedures
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and to adapt in a dynamic environment
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?