Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
As Editorial Lead, you’ll report to, and partner closely with, the VP of Communications & Brand as you oversee the proactive editorial vision for Relativity Space. At Relativity, we aim to take a news-oriented approach to editorial strategy, ensuring that key external stakeholders are abreast of key innovation milestones and important company updates. Your editorial and content vision will come to life across our key external channels and brand touchpoints including our website, social media, speaking engagements, video content and more. You will partner with subject matter experts across the organization to tell stories that amplify the voices of our team members who are spearheading innovative initiatives across the company. Additionally, you will work directly with the leadership team on thought leadership efforts, crafting narratives that effectively convey their perspectives and expertise.
What you’ll do:
- Own editorial strategy for proactive content across multiple channels
- Manage copywriting for social media across Relativity’s social channels
- Partner closely with creatives, producers and agency partners to translate written word into compelling, complementary visual content
- Work with business and initiative owners to translate product strategy, innovation milestones, and other key business updates into narratives that engage technical, financial, and space enthusiast audiences
- Build strong partnerships with content creators inside and outside the organization; identify opportunities for syndication, distribution, and content partnerships
- Build and manage editorial calendar, implement and advocate for channel best practices and cadence
- Drive voice/tone standards for owned and shared media, partnering with the broader Communications & Brand team to ensure brand voice consistency across platforms
What you need to know:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in writing, editorial, or creative leadership roles
- Background in one or more of these disciplines: content marketing, product marketing, B2B or tech writing, journalism, corporate communications, and community building
- Creative and design sensibility a must: ability to create narratives that span different storytelling mediums including long-form editorial, short-form social copy, film, data visualization, animation and illustration
- Comfort and familiarity with handling real-time issue mitigation and “breaking” news; willingness to jump in on last-minute requests as needed
- Experience working with executives and corporate leaders; executive communications ghost-writing experience a plus
- Ability to translate complicated product features and complex technical details into clear, compelling narratives
Nice to haves but not required:
- Prior experience working in aviation, aerospace, or other highly complex engineering-led industries
- Experience with podcast production, documentary development, or content syndication partnerships is a plus
- Proficiency in using analytics tools for web and social platforms, including Google Analytics, Sprout Social and email marketing tools
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?