Software Engineer II, C/C++
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Development Test team is responsible for providing a set of common test capabilities to all departments in the factory. These include the design and build of test equipment, administering our data collection system, reviewing designs and standards, and conducting hazardous test operations. Some examples of the tests we conduct include static load testing, dynamic mechanism testing, cryogenic flow testing, and high-pressure pneumatic testing. As a part of the Data and Control System (DACS) group, this role will focus on the software tools and automation supporting test operations across our rocket factory.
What you’ll do:
The software and tools you develop will be mission critical to testing the structures and components of Terran R, our two-stage, 270-foot-tall rocket with an 18-foot diameter and a 5-meter payload fairing. You will contribute to our integrated software stack to extend capability and functionality of test systems. Your tools will increase the reliability, accessibility, and cadence of test operations in the factory. In order to be successful in this role, you should be capable of leading creative, complex, and collaborative projects to completion with minimal oversight. A portion of your time will be spent hands-on in the field activating and debugging test systems and gaining insight to user needs. Some examples of potential projects include:
- Soft real-time command software to control hydraulic systems.
- Tools to flash test stand controllers with configuration data over a network.
- Communication bridges to exchange data formats in real-time.
- Configure and deploy data + control systems for test assets in the factory.
- Processing calibration records and populate that info for all data system channels during start up.
What you need to know:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Proficiency with C/C++.
- Experience with source version control, continuous integration, and agile development.
- Clear evidence of project ownership from school or work experience.
- No previous aerospace experience is required.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Proficiency in Python and/or Rust.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with web development.
- Experience in a physical testing environment.
- Experience writing real-time control software.
- Understanding of low voltage electronic systems.
- Familiar with sensing systems for parameters like pressure, strain, force, and temperature.
*This position requires onsite presence at least 3 days per week, but Hybrid work is accepted
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?