Senior Data Acquisition Hardware Engineer
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Development Test team is responsible for all hazardous testing in our Long Beach facilities. We use our breadth of experience and collaborative engineering approach to support everything from very large structural tests to precise valve actuation. To that end, we design, build, and operate all test assets from initial concept to test execution. If you enjoy working on a multi-disciplinary team with a broad mandate and want to put hands on hardware, then this is the team for you.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Data Acquisition Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for the full product life cycle of our modular data and control system hardware. The projects you work on will run test systems across the factory ranging from quick and scrappy development kits to permanent infrastructure. You will be required to be hands on, working side-by-side with our technician team to build, debug, and deploy your projects.
Your projects will span a variety of construction methods, sizes, and applications. Some of these are expected to be manually assembled junction boxes while others may utilize printed circuit boards. The kinds of hardware you will develop may include:
- Temperature / Strain / Pressure Measurement Modules
- Valve / Motor Control Modules
- Embedded Controller Modules
- Commercial data acquisition specifications
- DC Power Distribution Systems
- Wiring Harnesses
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and testing circuits.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamental knowledge
- Familiar with using technology such as, but not limited to, ADCs, DACs, Microcontrollers, DC-DC Power Supplies.
- Comfortable using schematic capture and PCB design tools such as Altium.
- Experience designing electrical control cabinets and wiring harnesses.
- Ability to use signal generators, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment to test and verify hardware designs.
- Demonstrated ownership, accountability, and success in delivering complex products with minimal guidance.
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience with sensors and actuators such as pressure transducers, RTDs, strain gages, thermocouples, solenoid valves, accelerometers, microphones, etc.
- Circuit simulation experience (SPICE, PSPICE, LTSPICE, etc).
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or MATLAB for preforming analysis or writing automation tools.
- Experience with embedded or systems programming in languages such as C, C++, or Rust.
- Previous experience with COTS data acquisition systems such as NI, Dewesoft, Beckhoff etc.
- Familiarity with communications methods such as, but not limited to, SPI, Ethernet, EtherCAT, CAN, and Modbus.
*No previous aerospace experience is required for this position.
*This position requires onsite presence at least 2 days per week, but Hybrid work is accepted
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?