High Power Engineer II
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
- We are looking for a High Power Electrical Engineer to join our growing Launch Infrastructure team at our launch site near Cape Canaveral, Florida. You will be responsible for the design, engineering, construction, operation, and maintenance of electrical systems to support launch infrastructure and facilities. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes and are eager to develop a next generation launch site.
- This position is part of our Launch infrastructure team which assists launch operations and oversees new construction projects. You will be part of a growing team that includes engineers and technicians with backgrounds in facilities management, civil construction, data and control systems, and high power distribution systems. Our facilities are a key part of Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- As a High Power Electrical Engineer, you’ll connect various internal technical teams to define electrical requirements and develop solutions to support ground support equipment and facility requirements. You will be our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants, contractors, and government agencies. You will be responsible for electrical utility construction activities for launch facilities and will be responsible for the development of construction drawings, request for proposals, competitive bids, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, and subcontractor management.
- As a High Power Electrical Engineer, you will be at the forefront of creating a world class orbital launch site and supporting facilities. You enjoy working with teams and are able to work autonomously to ensure project completion. You have a strong background in field engineering, construction engineering, and electrical engineering. You are willing to travel up to 20% to support ongoing design, construction, and operations across Relativity’s sites.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the construction industry working with electrical systems with a mix of analysis/design, hands-on field experience, project management, and project execution
- Experience with electrical distribution design, hazard classification, load balancing, single-line diagrams, design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical issues
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintenance of power systems
- Excellent working knowledge of NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written for with internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and modeling applications
- Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgement and personal initiative
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift or constraints change
- Electrical System Modeling: short-circuit, arc-flash, protective device coordination
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience working with DOD, USAF/USSF, and/or NASA
- Experience in the aerospace (orbital launch vehicle) sector
- Experience working with AFSPCMAN 91-710 range requirements
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace