Senior Global Supply Manager, Vehicle Structures
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain networks required to manufacture, test, and launch the next-generation reusable launch vehicle – Terran-R. Being both an internal and external facing function, we closely partner with an extensive number of groups to develop the operational strategies, processes, and tools that are utilized to fulfill end-customer demand for our launch services.
Our scope encompasses all vehicle hardware, where you will partner closely with the Design and Manufacturing Teams associated with one or more of the following subsystems & commodities:
- PCBs & PCBAs
- EEE components
- Metal Alloy Raw Material (Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing & Powder Bed Fusion)
- Additive Development
- Stargate Printer
- Vehicle Fluid Systems
- AEON-R Engine
Stage Structures & Mechanisms:
- Primary & Secondary Structures
- Mechanical and Electrical Mechanisms
The candidate will join a diverse and growing team of upstart supply chain professionals from varied backgrounds across manufacturing, technology, automotive, aerospace & defense, consulting, and many more! We are a close-knit, high-functioning group committed to developing our members and allowing them to act dynamically to do their best work. Everyone’s experiences are valued, and we seek to bring these insights to the forefront to solve complex issues. On our team the best idea wins, and you will be continually encouraged to share your perspective and develop personally along with the team.
The value of Global Supply Chains has never been more obvious than in recent years, and just as Relativity Space is committed to pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in manufacturing technology – our team is defining how an integrated and adaptable supply chain can serve as a discriminator within the industry.
What you’ll do:
For your respective commodity, you will:
- Own the development and implementation of our overall supply chain strategy
- Strategically manage a broad and diverse vendor base to build and maintain long-term relationships that maximize value for both parties
- Identify and research manufacturing methods and their respective supply chains for a diverse portfolio of components
- Become technically embedded with the processes required to make parts, and leverage that expertise to provide design-for-manufacturability (DFM) feedback to engineering teams
- Conduct comprehensive assessments on existing subcomponent supply chains to ensure near-term material demand is fulfilled through development, qualification, and initial production
- Leverage forecasts to develop commodity strategies and drive sourcing activities through contract implementation
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to anticipate requirements and implement procurement strategies aligned to business requirements
- Act as a leader cross-functionally to set priorities & execute program milestones
- Conduct analysis and provide reporting on supply chain health, vendor costs (should cost modeling), category spend, and financial projections to anticipate & mitigate supply chain risk
- Implement policies & draft procedures that result in 100% compliance while ensuring adherence to goal requirements, budgets, schedules, and work plans
- Train and mentor junior employees as we maintain exponential growth
- Team in a growing startup and provide strategic insights as the organization evolves from scrappy startup to industrial manufacturer of the world’s most advanced launch systems
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain/operations management, economics/finance, or similar
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a strategic sourcing, manufacturing, or engineering role
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, including but not limited to: engineering design, manufacturing, integration, materials & processing, finance, accounting, quality, executive management
- Ability to provide targeted, strategic & professional communication to update stakeholders and ensure seamless cross-functional alignment
Nice to haves but not required:
- Masters degree in engineering, business administration, supply chain/operations management, or similar
- Expertise in contract structures, contract negotiations, contract implementation, associated commodity/category, and supplier management
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and vendor management, pricing, lead time and contract terms negotiations, supply chain planning and procurement, and executive communications
- New product development (NPD) or new product introduction (NPI) supply chain experience, preferably within aerospace or frontier technology industries
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., ERP, MES, PLM) and sophisticated data modeling techniques & applications (e.g., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau)
- Excellent negotiation skills
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace