Manager, Indirect Procurement
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain networks required to manufacture, test, and launch the next-generation reusable launch vehicle – Terran-R. Being both an internal and external facing function, we closely partner with an extensive number of groups to develop the operational strategies, processes, and tools that are utilized to fulfill end-customer demand for our launch services.
What you’ll do:
- Be the head for Indirect Supply Management for the company, responsible for all planning, sourcing and procurement of non-flight purchases
- Develop and implement indirect procurement strategies to drive cost savings, operational efficiencies, improved contract terms and conditions, supplier performance and reduced supply chain risk
- Provide strategic indirect source-to-pay support – Sourcing, RFx, Negotiations, Contract Management, Vendor Payment Resolution – to cross-functional stakeholders within Capital Equipment, Infrastructure, Information Technology, Launch and Test Operations, Professional Services, and all other Indirect services and commodities
- Analyze both historical spend data and future spend forecasts to construct an indirect commodity hierarchy that will underpin procurement strategy and operations, quantify near-term spend performance opportunities, and act as input to organizational roadmap
- Develop immediate- and long-term business process architecture for indirect source-to-pay operations from contract/purchase request through payment and contract closure
- Collaborate with Enterprise Application Systems team to incorporate indirect procurement processes into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform and other digital tools
- Provide leadership and direction to a highly talented team of Category Managers and Procurement Specialists, based in Long Beach (CA), Stennis Space Center (MS) and Cape Canaveral (FL)
- Hire, train, and develop the team to support centralization of all source-to-pay activities for the indirect portfolio
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain/Operations Management, Engineering, or similar
- 7+ years of working in an indirect procurement role within a fast-paced manufacturing/operations or technology environment
- 3+ years of working as a people manager
- Strong knowledge of Capital Equipment/Ground Support Equipment markets
- Incredibly strong knowledge of fundamental Strategic Sourcing principles and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment
- Ability to develop and present recommendations confidently to Sr. and Executive leadership
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, P2P, MES) and data analysis applications/tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau)
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, or similar
- Experience supporting high-growth manufacturing/operations organizations as an indirect procurement leader
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace