Business Operations Analyst
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Finance & Strategy team works cross-functionally to support growth, innovation, strategic initiatives, and capital investments. It's a highly impactful and dynamic team that focuses on business strategy, financial plans (including budgets and our long-term strategic plan), KPI development/management, materials for our Board of Directors, fundraising, and corporate development activities. Relativity is looking for a Business Operations Analyst to join the Finance & Strategy team. You will report directly to the Manager of Business Operations and will have high visibility across the organization while partnering closely with Senior Leadership. You will work with a team of ambitious, smart, and driven people while managing a wide range of responsibilities that directly support the success and health of the business.
What you’ll do:
To help us reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, you will:
- Work closely with multi-discipline engineering, construction, facility, and operations team members to process, document, and track invoices, update project budgets and maintain forecasts
- Operate efficiently and effectively to support Relativity's developing infrastructure and related facilities by engaging cross functional partners in infrastructure, facilities, fluids, electrical, command & control, launch mechanical, structural, test, and operations
- Manage project performance by reviewing labor and materials actuals, supporting analysis of actuals vs. plan, schedule status, cost/schedule integration and performance, corrective action plans, performance recovery plans, and baseline planning
- Provide timely and accurate financial information and recommendations to decision makers to make prudent business decisions
- Serve as a trusted business partner to the rest of the organization by driving key trade decisions, assessing the financial and operating impact of our decisions, and strategically driving the best outcome for the business
- Analyze complex production issues and support engineering in deriving smart and scrappy solutions to keep to production schedule, cost, and quality goals
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as needed to support operational decision making.
This is a highly impactful and dynamic role; you will play a critical role in understanding drivers, variances, and the overall financial health of various Test and Launch projects vital to the company's success.
What you need to know:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering, or other related discipline and 2+ years of experience working in the aerospace, construction, manufacturing, oil & gas, or other related industry (Internship experience will be counted).
- Financial modeling, analysis, budget tracking, and reporting skills required
- Outstanding ability to build and interpret information from large and varied data sets
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to translate complex and ambiguous engineering and production requirements into clear and actionable financial decisions
- An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive and productive work environment
- Comfortable with fast-paced and dynamic environments, self-driven prioritization
- Proficient in Excel
Nice to haves but not required:
- Advanced degree or training in construction finance and/or construction project management
- Experience with facilities and systems within the aerospace industry
- Familiar with aerospace planning, procedures and operations, and safety
- Experience with VBA and SQL
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace