A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are looking for a Facilities Electrician to join our growing team at our factory in Long Beach, California. You will be responsible for supporting our manufacturing facility on a day to day basis. Work includes but is not limited to: essential maintenance, troubleshooting, managing trade partners, reviewing current installations, reviewing future designs, and working with the engineering team. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes and are eager to develop a next-generation manufacturing facility.
This position is part of our Facilities organization, which maintains the manufacturing facility. Our facilities are a vital part of Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
As a Facilities Electrician, you will work with various internal and external teams on installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting our electrical equipment that supports our 3D autonomous manufacturing technology. You will also support other facility operations and maintenance as needed. Travel between Relativity factories, warehouses, and office in the Long Beach area will be required.
What you need to know:
- Excellent working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70).
- Excellent working knowledge of NEC 70E.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the construction industry working with electrical systems and other trades.
- Experience with 480/277V and 120/208V distribution systems.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical equipment.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written form with internal and external customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift or constraints change.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with electrical distribution, load balancing, single-line diagrams, design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC.
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintenance of power systems.
- Experience with grounding and bonding electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interrupt technical plans, blueprints, manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ability to use a variety of electrician’s hand tools including: hydraulic conduit benders, conduit threaders, digital multi-meters, hydraulic punches & crimpers.
- Ability to install switchboards, panelboards, UPS, transfer switches, rigid conduit.
- Ability to make up cord caps and other end device connections.
- Ability to work with Engineers directly and to solve problems.
- Field experience managing other trade partners.
- Experience in the aerospace sector.
- Experience with NFPA 780, NFPA 497, NEC 70B.
- Experience with Launch GSE Operations.
- Experience with Voice, Data, and telecom equipment and installation requirements.
- Experience with Fire Alarm and life safety equipment.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace