Master Factory Test Technician
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
As part of the Factory Test team, you will support our mission of changing the way rockets are built and flown. The factory test team collaborates closely with our additive, manufacturing, test and design teams in an effort to validate large 3D printed structures and other complex rocket components. As a Master Factory Test Technician, you will have the opportunity to learn about the revolutionary technology that Relativity is working to bring to market and support our mission to make humanity a multi-planetary species. You will help us to build world class test facilities, state of the art structural test stands, and launch the world’s most advanced additively manufactured rocket.
What you’ll do:
To be successful in this role, you should be a master of diverse skill sets. Your day-to-day responsibilities could include metal fabrication, fluid system fabrication, electrical system fabrication, lifting and rigging, welding, machine operation, complex component or system level trouble shooting and more. Relativity is a small and nimble company, so you will be exposed to new challenges on a regular basis and be called upon to wear more than one hat. A successful candidate will thrive in taking general direction and filling in the gaps on the fly. You should be able to build from napkin sketches or detailed drawings while leveraging trade expertise to provide constructive feedback to the engineering team for process and product improvements.
This person will be one of the main interfaces between the technician and engineering teams. It is essential that they communicate effectively and frequently. They will mentor and actively work to provide career development opportunities for other technicians. This position requires a strong ability to lead example. They will be capable of adapting to changes in the plan and comfortable providing direction to their immediate team members. You will:
- Work with test engineers to develop existing test stands as well as fabricate new ones.
- Fabricate pressure test panels, cryogenic fluid systems, hydraulic systems, test fixtures, data acquisition systems and harnessing to print.
- Receive mentorship from more experienced members of the team in their areas of expertise.
- Accelerate the completion of projects by looking for creative ways to de-scope or implement scrappy solutions where possible.
- Demonstrate professionalism while interfacing with test engineers, managers.
What you need to know:
- 10+ years of experience in aerospace test, fabrication, or related field
- Proficient in work order management systems and other office tools
- Strong attention to detail and concern for product quality
- Ability to complete complex projects and make decisions independently
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams, and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to collaborate with engineering and leadership teams to influence process or personnel improvements
- Strong mentorship skills
- Comfortable providing constructive feedback to others
- Must be comfortable working at heights and confined spaces
- Proficient in the operation of aerial lifts, forklifts, telehandlers, and cranes
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Ability to work not standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
- Track record of safe work habits and desire to collaborate on EHS initiatives
- High School diploma or GED
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience working in a fast pace industrial shop environment, leading small or large teams
- Experience with fluid system fabrication, operation and trouble shooting
- Experience with electrical system fabrication and cryogenic fluids
- Experience with mechanical assembly of tooling and fixturing
- Experience with critical lift operations
- Experience with inventory and logistics management systems
- Prior experience testing large scale primary vehicle structures
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace