Electrical Engineer II
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
This position is part of our Manufacturing and Supply Chain organization, which oversee launch operations, new construction projects, and facility operations and maintenance. Our facilities are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
As an Electrical Engineer, you connect various internal technical teams to define electrical requirements and to develop solutions and will be our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants, contractors, and government agencies. You will be responsible for electrical utility construction activities for factory facilities and will be responsible for the development of construction drawings, request for proposals, competitive bidding, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, and sub-contractor management for launch sites and supporting facilities across Relativity’s real estate portfolio.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the construction industry working with electrical systems with a mix of analysis/design, hands-on field experience, project management, and project execution.
- Experience with electrical distribution design, hazard classification, load balancing, single-line diagrams, design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical issues
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintenance of low voltage power systems
- Engineering in Training (EIT)
- Excellent working knowledge of NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and modeling applications
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience operating and maintaining medium voltage electrical distribution systems
- Experience with medium voltage power conditioning and motor drives
- Experience with EasyPower- short circuit analysis, arc flash & breaker coordination studies, motor starting analysis
- Experience with NFPA 72, NFPA 495, NFPA 497
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace