Senior Global Supply Manager - Facilities Management
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are a forward-thinking team developing and revolutionizing indirect procurement processes, tools, and policies to quickly expand our test and launch site. We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who can collaborate with all our internal stakeholders and across our test and launch procurement team to achieve the company objectives with a sense of urgency. In this role, you would select materials and services required for new construction and building maintenance through a competitive tender/bid process involving document preparation for projects while leading external negotiations and collaborating closely with internal stakeholders and the construction procurement GSM.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a facilities management procurement strategy with the Construction GSM that unites test and launch construction teams.
- Develop strong stakeholder support and alignment on assigned projects, ranging from facilities and construction services to equipment and material buyouts.
- Develop a pre-approved supplier list utilizing input from internal stakeholders and previous experience.
- Synthesize supplier, industry, and market research for assigned commodities to develop a sourcing strategy and issue RFx (RFQ, RFB, and RFP) for sourcing assigned commodities/services.
- Administer, facilitate, and answer Requests for Information (RFI’s) received during the tender process by issuing RFP Addendums agreements, as necessary, to mitigate Relativity’s exposure to risk and consolidate suppliers’ spend.
- Support commodity business planning and savings, analyze historical spending, and forecast spend and savings by project/commodity/business.
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships; act as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues.
- Identify and support with negotiations of commercial cost reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate and execute Purchase Orders and Work Authorization for assigned services and/or commodities.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years in Construction Procurement
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience purchasing Facilities Equipment (i.e., HVAC, chillers, switchgears, ducting)
- Experience with purchasing Facilities Services (i.e., Janitorial, waste management)
- Construction experience related to aerospace infrastructure
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills
- Remarkable problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders, as well as organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- Conducts all activities with the highest integrity
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace