Senior Welding Technician
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Weld Development team at Relativity Space is responsible for all post-additive and day-to-day welding operations. Our mission is to ensure the proper processes are developed, sustainable tools are built, and designs are created that support the manufacturing of the next generation in 3D printed rockets – Terran R through implementing creative solutions to previously unsolved challenges and challenging the status-quo on the stale evolution of traditional rocket manufacturing.
What you’ll do:
- Weld propulsion components
- Weld primary structure components
- Weld additively manufactured components
- Weld repairs on various alloys utilizing multiple weld processes
- Fabricate and weld various types of tooling
What you need to know:
- Minimum 3 years fabrication or Aerospace welding experience
- Tig weld aluminum with AC/DC of various thicknesses
- Tig weld INCO, Titanium, SS, Carbon Steel
- Weld on a positioner and in all positions
- Capable of reading complex blueprints
- Execute verbal work instructions
- Fabricate and fit complex weldments
- Understand complex tooling configurations
Nice to haves but not required:
- Jetline semi-automated welding experience
- Orbital tube welding experience
- Welding to AWS D17.1 Class A certificate
- Friction stir welding experience
- Robotic weld experience
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace