Senior Hydraulics Engineer
The Factory Test team is responsible for all hazardous testing in our Long Beach facilities. We use our breadth of experience and collaborative engineering approach to support everything from very large structural tests to precise valve actuation. To that end, we design, build, and operate all test assets from initial concept to test execution. If you enjoy working on a multi-disciplinary team with a broad mandate and want to put hands on hardware, then this is the team for you.
What you’ll do:
As a Fluid Power Engineer, you will design, analyze, and build hydraulic and fluid power systems serving the Terran R structural test stands at our facility in Long Beach, CA. Teamwork and communication skills are critical, as you will work cross-functionally with other engineering groups on the Factory Test team.
Examples of your tasks may include:
- Gathering load application requirements from internal customer groups
- Developing system level requirements to ensure performance during normal operations and abort scenarios
- Designing piping networks and manifolds as required to meet the design intent
- Analyzing systems using hand calculations and simulation software
- Creating engineering drawings and work orders
- Specifying valves, actuators, and other components
- Identifying areas for improvement and implementing required changes
- Commissioning assets and systems
- Delegating tasks, mentoring, and reviewing work of other fluid systems engineers
- Presenting design reviews of your work
- Completing, presenting, or reviewing fault tolerance assessments
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of fluid and thermodynamic first principles
- Demonstrated experience designing systems to engineering requirements
- Demonstrated working knowledge of systems operations
- Ability to concisely communicate technical topics to audiences of many different backgrounds
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience writing sequences or other software
- Familiarity with cryogenics
- Understanding of structural design fundamentals
- Delivery of systems compliant with ASME B31.3 & BPVC
- Willing to work at heights, in confined spaces, in a dirty environment, and away from your desk
- No previous aerospace experience is required for this position
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace