Product Engineer II
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Product team at Relativity Space is a small, dynamic group situated in the Vehicle Engineering organization specializing in cross-functional vehicle development trades, designing in operability, defining Concept of Operations, and determining vehicle verification activities. Our team is responsible for the integrated stages and vehicles. We act as the engineering focal for the vehicle throughout its lifecycle, consistently managing upstream and downstream impacts. We are experts are doing things for the first time, tackling the tough integrated problems, coordinating planning, setting engineering definition for operations, and finding the right balance between performance, launch/build rate, and reliability. We do this by determining requirements, verification events, tools, guidance, and processes all with operability in mind. On this team you'll work with every function of the company to help design, build, test, fly, recover, and reuse Terran R.
What you’ll do:
In this role you will act as a conduit between the design team and the manufacturing, operations and launch teams. You will support the build of the vehicle and quickly resolve integration issues. You will contribute to planning and execution of vehicle integrated tests, stage acceptance testing, and launch campaigns. In addition to the manufacturing and operations focus, you will support or own projects that cross subsystem boundaries such as trade studies, interface coordination, or subsystem requirements development. You will also take ownership of projects of your own creation to increase our collective efficiency.
Example projects and responsibilities include the following:
- Determine vehicle build, test, and fly CONOPs and establish checkouts and success criteria prior to major ops
- Author and support integrated vehicle verification test plans
- Support subsystem development testing, vehicle checkouts and acceptance testing, and launch
- Review component and subsystem qualification and acceptance test rationale to ensure compliance with our program risk posture
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field and 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to rapidly resolve interdisciplinary issues
- Technical depth in at least one of the key disciplines on the vehicle: structures, fluid systems, propulsion, avionics
- Project or work experience on a complex, cross-functional project from start to finish
- Experience and interest solving ambiguous problems and building the structure and tools for new products and processes
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience summarizing and communicating complex technical information to a wide audience
Nice to haves but not required:
- Test or operational experience with a complex system including mechanical hardware, electronics and software
- Full product life cycle experience with a new launch vehicle or spacecraft
- Leadership or coordination experience in a multidisciplinary engineering project
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace