A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Your main objective will be to successfully implement materials testing equipment and processes to support test programs across the company. Relativity Space is focused on 3D printing rockets and associated hardware with the goal of 3D printing a rocket on Mars. The Materials Team is a key contributor to the Relativity Space mission by designing, understanding, and developing our materials. Managing large projects from conception to completion is a key objective to attaining our goals.
What you’ll do:
Your main objective will be to successfully run and support second shift machining resources for the materials engineering team. This includes machining and materials processing techniques to prepare and evaluate test coupons produces across the company’s manufacturing teams. Relativity Space is focused on 3D printing rockets and associated hardware with the goal of 3D printing a rocket on Mars. You will also have a hand in shaping and mentoring other technicians, within the Material team organization. The Materials Team is a key contributor to the Relativity Space mission by designing, understanding, and developing our AM materials.
What you need to know:
- 10+ years industry experience or equivalent
- Direct, hands-on experience working directly with CNC systems, wire EDM, and other machining techniques; including creation of CAD drawings and implementing CNC programs.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining machining equipment that fabricates aerospace metal alloys.
- Excellent oral and written communication between peers and engineering requestors on technical project asks relating to machining.
- Experience working alongside cross functional teams with various levels of technical experience.
- Coordinating and standardizing workflows in a machine shop including shift hand offs.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Associate degree in mechanical or materials engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Prior experience taking ownership of CNC production equipment, or other high CapEx equipment.
- Knowledge of materials characterization laboratories and techniques.
- Knowledge of ASTM and ISO standards and requirements.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace